Who we are
Focal Systems is the industry leader in retail AI solutions. We are a Silicon Valley-based startup that has more than doubled in size every year since our founding. Our mission is to automate and optimize brick and mortar retail using deep learning computer vision. Focal has been deployed at scale with the top retailers in the world. We are looking for smart, creative, and passionate people who love to learn, enjoy thinking critically, share our values, and want to build a great and enduring company.
We have built the next-generation operating system for brick & mortar retail. This OS leverages shelf-mounted cameras that constantly measure the state of the retailers’ shelves and uses that information to order quicker and smarter, to planogram better, and to schedule, direct, train and manage staff. We have proven this with major retailers around the world.
What we are looking for
We are currently expanding our team throughout North America and are looking for a manufacturing and assembly lead based out of the GTA (Mississauga). In this role, you'll collaborate with other departments, such as Operations and Hardware, to create effective manufacturing plans, so teamwork skills are important. You should also have experience in project management, as well as great leadership and communication ability.
We’re looking for people who think critically, communicate effectively, and love to be hands on.
What you will do
● Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
● Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
● Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
● Verifies specifications by measuring completed components.
● Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
● Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
● Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
● Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
● Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
● Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
● Analyze assembly data and performance
● Analyze data from shipping and delivery processes to find bottlenecks and other issues
● Resolve issues that come up (e.g. delays in delivery, accidents)
● Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth
● Develop and implement safety guidelines in all aspects of the assembly line processes
● Ensure assembly processes meet legal requirements and standards
What you need to be successful
● Previous experience as an assembly manager or in a similar field
● Excellent knowledge of assembly processes
● Strong communication skills
● Excellent organizational and project management skills
● A strategic and analytical mind
● Must have a valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation, to and from work.
● Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
● Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
● Must be comfortable utilizing Technology (i.e. smartphones and other handheld devices).
● Must possess strong time management and interpersonal abilities.
● Must be detail oriented and ensure accuracy in your work.
● Must maintain quality standards that meet and/or exceed expectations.
Why Focal Systems
Strong Mission and Values
We are a tightly-knit team with an ambitious mission and a strong set of core values, which define our approach to business and have successfully guided us since inception.
We are a team of hard-working, fun-loving professionals from some of the most eminent universities, research labs, and tech companies of our time. We pride ourselves on recruiting exceptional individuals to help us redefine the state-of-the-art.
We work with 10+ of the largest retailers in the world and have a world-class roster of investors, advisors and partners to support & advise us in our endeavors.
What we offer
● Competitive Compensation
● Paid Training and Paid Time Off
● Internal Career Advancement Opportunities
● Tools Provided