Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Ethos is looking for a Senior Product Manager on the New Products Team who is excited to launch complex products that add value for our customers, agents, and partners. You will work with cross functional teams of engineers, designers, and data scientists to build products and features. You need to be comfortable with validating key hypotheses before team commitment, iterating quickly to achieve product market fit, and optimizing products to achieve scale.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Building end to end insurance products including Whole and Permanent Life Products and other insurance opportunities like Long Term Care Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Insurance Riders
- Working cross functionally with engineering, design, internal stakeholders, and third parties. Your work will require a deep understanding of nearly every team of the company including insurance, consumer, partnerships, and policy administration
- Creating a clear and compelling medium and long-term vision for a specific Ethos product area
- Building out a product discovery process for exploring new product ideas and using experiments to validate key hypotheses
- Optimizing our portfolio of life insurance experiences focused on accessibility, simplicity, and driving business results
In this role you can expect to:
- Work closely with Design, Marketing, Analytics and Engineering to transform your ideas into compelling product experiences
- Design and implement A/B tests, conduct user and agent research, and validate key hypotheses
- Hone your strategic thinking - transform large data sets into a story that helps senior leadership make decisions
- Lead, manage and develop highly functional teams, ensuring detailed experimentation methodology and flawless execution that is scalable and sustainable
- Perform quantitative forecasting and qualitative research to identify product opportunities and prioritize your roadmap
- Get your hands dirty and drive the product development process for your product from ideation to launch to impact analysis, collaborating with many teams along the way
- A minimum of 6 years of experience launching products with clear, demonstrated results
- A sense of urgency and the ability to achieve impact in a fast-paced environment
- A growth mindset -- you live and breathe experimentation, data analysis, and ruthlessly focus on impact
- A strong understanding of current product best-practice and opinions on where product is going next
- A strong track record of growing products you’ve worked on, both in terms of usage as well as user affinity
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams to prioritize and build products that delight customers and deliver on company goals
- A strong analytical orientation -- a focus on data driven decision making and the ability to measure success
- A solid design and technical understanding such that you can engage with your counterparts in collaborative and productive manner
- A deep understanding of customer needs, and strong motivation to tackle their problems
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis
- An owner’s mindset - you don’t shy away from the hard stuff
- Experience conducting user research to educate product design and revolve their pain points
- Strong collaboration skills in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
- A STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree (preferred)
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.