Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
At Ethos, we care deeply about the customers and families we serve. As part of the design team, you'll be joining a growing team of talented designers and researchers who are working with other cross-functional teams to create the best insurance experience for our customers.
Our research ranges from foundational to evaluative, using mixed method approaches such as quantitative surveys, diary studies, in-depth interviews, and usability testing. Your insights and perspective will help with the development of new products and features.
The right candidate will be adept in both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, flexible and adaptive, as well as an excellent communicator. We realize no one is an expert in everything, but hope to bring on someone who brings unique perspectives and is passionate about our mission and values!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively and independently identify important research questions from a product/business perspective.
- Draw on a multitude of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to produce actionable recommendations for current and future products.
- Work cross-functionally with diverse stakeholders including product management, data science, engineering, and leadership.
- Independently plan and lead research end-to-end, including foundational, iterative, and evaluative research.
- Clearly communicate research insights and translate research findings into business impact.
- Advocate for the user throughout the product development process at a business with complex technical and regulatory requirements.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Product Design, Human Factors, or similar.
- A minimum of 6+ years of qualitative and quantitative research experience or a combination of industry experience and academic experience.
- Experience with applied statistics.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to define research questions, identify appropriate methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Successful track record of driving business decisions with user insights.
- Ability to incorporate technical and business requirements into research.
- Experience in applied product research.
- Desire to work and learn in a fast-growing startup environment.
- Understanding of the consumer insurance or finance space.
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.