Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Ethos is looking for an ambitious self-starter to join our Strategic Finance Team. As the next Strategic Finance Associate o, you will play a major role in defining the company’s financial plan, provide financial and operational decision support to cross-functional partners, and perform market research to help inform the company’s strategy & product roadmap. You will play an integral part in Ethos' success by scaling and improving our corporate finance and FP&A functions, driving financial planning processes, and working with various business partners to develop strategic analyses on key business initiatives.
This role will have high visibility across the executive team and will require you to solve the most complex, interesting challenges of a rapidly-scaling startup. If you enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, analytically rigorous, mission-driven and impact-oriented, read on and get in touch!
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply business judgement and financial insights to drive decision making related to unit economics, customer acquisition, operations, core business expansion, and new opportunities
- Develop and maintain financial and operational plans, including revenue, cost and headcount targets
- Apply a data-driven analytical approach to influence decision making and support company leadership in evaluating strategic initiatives
- Build and scale the corporate finance function of the company by implementing new processes and improving financial controls.
- Assist in investor relations and support the executive team on potential future fundraising efforts.
- Improve the speed and efficiency of our growth by collaborating closely with Product, Marketing, Operations, and Partnership teams
- Develop and monitor critical financial performance metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Champion analytics across the company.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in investment banking, consulting, and/or private equity / growth equity, and with operational experience at a high-growth technology company
- Best-in-class excel skills and extensive experience developing insightful financial models and quantitative analyses, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment
- Ability to flex between high-level strategic thinking and deep analytical problem solving
- Motivated self-starter with a track record of success and a proven ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks while hitting deadlines.
- Desire to own and drive projects from day 1
- Excellent communication skills and effective cross-functional collaborator
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Deep understanding of valuation methods and strong working knowledge of GAAP
- SQL knowledge
- Insurtech/fintech experience
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.