Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
As the Senior Brand Designer (Digital), you’ll help shape and craft a new and refreshing branding approach to a centuries-old industry to create something approachable, memorable, modern, and fun! You’ll help conceptualize digital marketing initiatives or messaging campaigns, and execute relevant assets across a variety of deliverables and mediums directed to consumers and business partners. Together, we’ll evolve and refine the Ethos brand’s strategic POV and visuals, and help define the creative team’s role in helping Ethos communicate in new ways to new audiences!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Creative Director on our growing Creative team to generate thoughtful ideas, iterate clear concepts, and produce beautiful assets across multiple digital mediums and channels (web banners, social media posts, email marketing, animation, landing pages)
- Ensure that every brief meets business goals and creative standards
- Participate in brainstorms and critiques with genuine interest in arriving at the best solution for engaging audiences (new and existing)
- Ensure a consistent and cohesive brand language by collaborating across departments (Creative, Marketing, Product)
- Execute consistent quality of design throughout all phases of the process — sketching, refining working design prototypes, and final production
- Ability to define, establish, and explain various design standards used in high quality visuals
- Stay connected to the latest standards and trends in the design field
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelors in Graphic Design (or equivalent)
- Reside near New York City, and comfortable joining our office 2-3 days a week
- Minimum of 6 years design experience, working on professional creative teams, with firsthand experience producing digital assets (e.g. landing pages, web banners, social media posts, email marketing, animation)
- Online portfolio demonstrating a solutions-based approach to innovative and inspired ideas and design with several examples of firsthand digital assets
- Advanced knowledge of relevant software (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Strong pre-visualization skills (e.g. wireframes, motion theory)
- Familiarity and comfort working within UX constraints
- Digital marketing background a plus (e.g. performance metrics and digital platforms)
- Startup experience is a plus: comfort in a fluid, faced-paced environment, with ability to multitask or shift focus within a day
- Easy and positive collaborator across departments, contractors, and agencies
- Flexible but pragmatic, detail-oriented when necessary
- Mentor and inspire junior designers when needed
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.