Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the job
At Ethos, we care deeply about the customers and families we serve. As part of the research team you'll be joining a growing team of talented researchers who are working with other cross-functional teams to create the best insurance experience for our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Researcher to join the research team and partner closely with marketing to help us understand user and marketplace needs, motivations, and behaviors. You'll also help develop and test marketing strategy to drive user growth and engagement.
The right candidate will be adept in both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, flexible and adaptive, as well as an excellent communicator. We realize no one is an expert in everything, but hope to bring on someone who brings unique perspectives and is passionate about our mission and values.
Duties and responsibilities
- Proactively and independently identify important research questions from a product/business perspective to drive user growth and engagement.
- Draw on a multitude of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to produce actionable recommendations, with a particular emphasis on survey design and analysis.
- Work cross-functionally with diverse stakeholders including marketing, product management, data science, engineering, and leadership.
- Independently plan and lead research end-to-end.
- Clearly communicate research insights and translate research findings into business impact.
- Contribute to a data-driven understanding of Ethos' current and future customers.
- A minimum of 6 years of quantitative research experience, including work experience in a Market Research or Consumer Insights role
- Deep knowledge of and applied experience with marketing research methodology and when each method is appropriate to apply.
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative methodologies, including experimental design/analysis, segmentation, concept testing, message development and testing
- Experience in applied statistics and proficiency with SPSS, R, or similar
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to independently run research studies end to end - from defining research questions and identifying appropriate methods to executing studies, and synthesizing findings
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Successful track record of driving business decisions with marketing insights
- Ability to incorporate technical and business requirements into research
- Masters or Ph.D. in Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Product Design, Human Factors, or similar
- Desire to work and learn in a fast-growing startup environment
- Understanding of the consumer insurance or finance space
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.