Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Team:
The Ethos Marketing team is a centralized, multi-disciplinary group of marketers, strategists, designers, storytellers, and makers who work across product groups and functions. We are designing the future and the today of the Ethos brand through every interaction within and outside of the product.
About the Role:
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who can turn data into actionable insights to drive channel decisions and performance. This role will put you in the middle of the action and require you to solve the most complex, interesting challenges of a rapidly-scaling startup. This is a high-visibility role designed to fast-track your career within the Marketing organization. As such, an interest in a career in marketing is expected.
The ideal candidate combines channel management knowledge and communication skills with world class quantitative skills. As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be contributing to the Marketing team’s data modeling, core data pipelines, and data tooling (such as dashboarding, metric management, etc.). You will empower channel managers to use data more effectively to drive business value. Candidates with strong channel management experience will also have the opportunity to lead their own channel!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help build and optimize advertising campaigns on a variety of platforms
- Develop easy-to-consume dashboards and frameworks to monitor and visualize KPIs
- Run incremental lift experiments (e.g. A/B tests, geo tests)
- Develop statistical tools (e.g. lead scoring models, marketing mix modeling) than improve channel optimization efforts
- Identify opportunities to empower the marketing team with data and tools to improve performance, reduce pain points, and promote better decision making
Knowledge and Skills:
- A minimum 5 years of experience working with SQL on a regular basis
- A minimum of 2 year of experience working directly or indirectly in channel optimization
- Good understanding of data warehouses and business intelligence tools
- Experience working with Python and/or R to generate business insights and drive better organizational decision making
- Experience in A/B testing and experimentation best practices
- Experience using statistical techniques such as difference-in-differences and logistic regression for solving complex problems
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.