Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
What We're Looking For
Ethos is looking for an experienced actuary to join our team. You will be partnering closely with our actuarial, underwriting and product teams to identify opportunities to fine-tune and innovate our product and pricing solutions. You will also work with other teams to identify and pursue new product and distribution opportunities. You will assist in identification of ideal industry partners and push them to accelerate the evolution of our product mix and enable optimal customer experience.
We are looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of doing the impossible and scaling a new insurance model at extraordinary speed. The right candidate will have expertise in life insurance products, underwriting and pricing; experience working with varied stakeholders internally and externally; and be able to think differently to create value and capitalize on unrealized opportunities in the market. This is a unique opportunity to drive the offerings for a brand that is quickly gaining a lot of national and global attention.
If this sounds like a match for you and what you are up to, please apply. We'd love to hear from you!
- Are self-motivated and persistent to seek answers in a fast-paced startup environment
- Have a bias for action and are comfortable managing internal and external relationships to achieve the same
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills, including understanding stakeholder needs and communicating credibly and effectively to your audience
- Are detail-oriented and have strong mathematical foundations
- Support development of the company’s product and partnership strategy
- Research and evaluate new products and partnerships to support the strategic goals of the business
- Work with internal and external partners to identify opportunities to evolve existing products or add new products to maximize business economics
- Bring new products to market by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Support management of the company’s key life insurance partnerships
- Support product performance, underwriting, data, administrative and product teams to accelerate overall growth
Skills & Background:
- BS/BA in Mathematics, Statistics, or similar quantitative field
- FSA (or similar) preferred
- Solid experience in life insurance products, underwriting and pricing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including understanding stakeholder needs and communicating effectively to your audience
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.