Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
As a front-end developer, you’ll work closely with our product and design team to build beautiful user interfaces for our web app on all screen formats. We make the most of modern tools like React, ES6, SASS, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with our designers to iterate and implement on design concepts
- Work with full stack/backend engineers to ship features and create experiments
- Write efficient, modular, and reusable front-end libraries and abstractions
- Find and solve performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Communicate best practices to the team
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of full time engineering experience
- Extensive experience with modern client-side JS libraries and tooling such as React
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Familiarity with server-side technology such as Node.js, Rails, Django, etc.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, production environment web apps
- Experience with client-side performance and optimization
- Demonstrate design, UX sensibility, and attention to detail
- Solid CS fundamentals
- Understanding of web security, common attacks and defenses
- Knowledge of build systems configurations and setup - such as Webpack
- Experience architecting web analytics, conversion analytics, and A/B testing systems
- Experience building and maintaining open source repositories
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Segment.js
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.