Envoy’s workplace platform has redefined how companies welcome visitors, improve the onsite experience, book desks and meeting rooms, manage deliveries, and access accurate and unified workplace data in 16,000 locations around the globe by designing products that solve common workplace problems.
Envoy provides a simple way to manage your complex safety, security, and compliance needs across all your workplace locations—wherever you need to bring people together.
Rely on smart, automated solutions to common workplace problems, like freeing up unused space and eliminating repetitive tasks. Not only does this allow you to make the most efficient use of your space and resources, it frees up your team’s time to focus on the work that matters.
With Envoy’s intuitive technology that employees actually enjoy using, you can create a great workplace experience that fosters community and togetherness by making it easy for teams to coordinate working onsite.
Unlike companies that offer disconnected workplace solutions and disparate (and often imprecise) data sources, Envoy’s platform provides accurate, comprehensive, and unified workplace data so you can make informed business decisions. Envoy’s integrated solutions pull data from multiple sources to ensure that you always have the most accurate data available.
For more information, visit Envoy.com.
About the Role
We are passionate about building a scalable, reliable, and secure cloud platform that supports our company's business needs using DevOps philosophies. We use cutting-edge technologies like Kubernetes, Istio, and AWS Cloud to automate our infrastructure and deliver applications faster and more reliably. By using infrastructure as code, we ensure that our platform is always consistent and up-to-date.
We strive to be a top-notch engineering organization with a great culture and have the same high standards with our code, systems, practices, and people. We value learning and growth. Look to hire diverse, well-rounded, communicative people we can trust.
We are looking for exceptional engineers to join our growing team at Envoy.
This is a hybrid position that requires at least 3 days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) in our San Francisco HQ.
- Architect cloud-based solutions that meet the needs of our business. This includes working with application teams in designing and deploying services in the cloud.
- Manage and maintain our Kubernetes infrastructure. This includes optimizing cluster resource usage, cluster monitoring, and troubleshooting Kubernetes issues.
- Manage and maintain our AWS infrastructure using Terraform. This includes provisioning and managing AWS resources, automating changes, and monitoring AWS infrastructure performance.
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop and implement Kubernetes best practices. This includes developing tools and frameworks for managing our apps on Kubernetes.
- Respond to incidents as part of a weekly on-call rotation. This includes resolving incidents, communicating with stakeholders, and effective post-mortem resolution.
- Be a team player and contribute to a positive work environment. At Envoy, one of our core values is “Pitch In”. We work cross-functionally to take on new challenges, and leave things better than we found them.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience with cloud platforms. e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP (AWS preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools
- Strong experience in design, implementation, and maintenance of Kubernetes clusters.
- Mastery of CI/CD tools like GitHub Actions, Circle CI, etc.
- Deep understanding of network architectures, software engineering, web technologies, SQL databases, and distributed systems.
- Proficiency in Python, Ruby, or Go, as well as bash, etc.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Grafana, Prometheus and Datadog.
- Strong communication, analytical, and technical leadership skills.
Nice to have
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- SOC2 and/or ISO27001 compliance and audit experience
- Experience working with security engineering and vulnerability management
Envoy's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in San Francisco Bay Area, our expected cash compensation for this role is $170K-$200K (Annually). Final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
If you have any questions related to compensation, please contact Recruiting after you apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have fully read and understand the job requirements and received the Envoy Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Envoy to process your application. Envoy is an EEO Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.