Reports to: Chief Scientific Officer
At Emulate, we work at the intersection of biology, engineering, and design to develop technologies that emulate human biology. Our products are enabling a new era of the development of applications for personalized health and safety. Our people are some of the most brilliant and passionate scientists, engineers, and professionals around – who are also amazing to work with! Join a company where you are making a huge impact as an individual – and you are part of an organization recognized by National Geographic as ‘The Future of Medicine’!
To reinvent an industry, you must build the best team. Join Emulate if you want to bring ground-breaking technology to cell culture labs worldwide. We envision a new era in human health—a world in which drug discovery and development leverages human biology and technology to advance medicine. By providing researchers with human-relevant in vitro models, we play a central role in improving global health.
We wholeheartedly believe that if you want to change the world, you must be brave enough to take chances and celebrate new ways of thinking. If this excites you, join a team of like-minded individuals who know that no matter what role you play, your contributions are essential to the team's overall success. Does your dream job allow you to advance your career and change the world simultaneously? If so, we would love to hear from you!
As the Director, Contract Research Study Delivery, you will lead the Applied Bioscience Team and be responsible for…
- Providing scientific leadership, technical direction, management, and professional mentorship of the Applied BioScience Team daily whilst promoting accountability, cooperation, and teamwork
- Driving a positive culture for the Applied BioScience team through clear communication and impactful leadership
- Owning and internally advocating for client needs, expectations, and satisfaction; identify, develop, and foster new and existing client relationships with exceptional business communications
- Partnering closely with team members from Biological Development (the internal R&D organization), Project Management, Product Management, Sales, Field Science, Quality and Lab Operations to coordinate, develop and oversee timelines and set priorities to meet program goals and deadlines whilst ensuring effective and timely communication across these functional areas
- Collaborating and effectively communicating internally to develop and implement detailed scientific protocols and data management reporting
- Utilizing and maintaining an up-to-date scientific knowledge to interpret, categorize, organize, and present key scientific data whilst developing a cutting-edge scientific strategy aligned to the corporate strategy and annual goals
- Providing project summaries and general guidelines or updates to the Executive Leadership Team
- Proactively identifying issues and provide general guidance to resolve operational challenges in a collaborative manner
- Leading high quality, strategically innovative price competitive end-to-end business development strategies, including proposal development, statement of work preparation and to grow the Applied BioScience team to next level
- Managing the Applied BioScience team budget and provide financial oversight
- Owning and internally advocating for client needs, expectations, and satisfaction by identifying, developing, and fostering new and existing client relationships at senior operational levels with clients in partnership with operational colleagues, guiding teams in delivering, establishing, and maintaining effective client relationships
- Supporting Emulate’s fee for service capability, visibility, and position through development of appropriate publications and presentations at conferences, meetings, webinars etc.
- PhD in cell or molecular biology, bioengineering, or similar field of study
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in life sciences or related field, 5-7 years’ experience in management
- A proven track record of effective people leadership demonstrating an ability to impactfully lead and mentor teams to meet performance expectations, coach team members, assist with career development and achieve goals
- Strong communication skills
- Strong scientific background in biomedical scientific research using a broad array of technologies with evidence of hands-on laboratory experience in cell biology
- Technical, operational, and managerial experience in planning, executing, reporting, and publishing data required
- Proven ability to work independently and to effectively lead a multi-disciplinary team in a fast paced, complex matrix environment
- Strategic thinker with ability to develop a long-term strategy while balancing near-term priorities
- Strong ability to self-motivate and lead others
- Demonstrated ability to implement positive change in a dynamic and growing organization
- Attention to detail and scientific excellence
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- High level of scientific expertise but also ability to dive into critical details
Emulate is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take unbiased action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or ability status. Our methods for hiring include ensuring that all available opportunities are fairly promoted — via online globally available channels — in a manner accessible to all potential applicants.
About Emulate, Inc.
Emulate is igniting a new era in human health with industry-leading Organ-on-a-Chip technology. The Human Emulation System provides a window into the inner workings of human biology and disease — offering researchers an innovative technology designed to predict human response with greater precision and detail than conventional cell culture or animal-based experimental testing. Pioneered at the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University and backed by Northpond Ventures, Founders Fund, and Perceptive Advisors, Organ-on-a-Chip technology is already assisting researchers across academia, pharma, and government industries through its predictive power and ability to recreate true-to-life human biology. To learn more, visit emulatebio.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.