There are two types of people in this world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
If that makes sense to you, then let us tell you that we are looking for a Linux Administrator for our client, to design, implement, and monitor their Linux, WordPress, and MySql infrastructure.
This role is for one of our favorite clients, and they hold that position of esteem because of how happy the people we place to work with them are. They usually stay long-term, enjoying stability, growth, and collaboration with coworkers who are excellent at what they do. Their educational platform is helping different kinds of professionals obtain and maintain their certifications. They have been growing steadily and look to become even bigger this next year.
Sounds like the right job for you? To be successful in this process, you will be:
- Maintaining and developing Linux/WordPress/MySql infrastructure to maintain 100% uptime
- Creating and maintaining administration-related solutions
- Adhering to best practices for managing systems and services across multiple environments
- Running analysis of logging information for performance reports
- Monitoring system performance and preparing capacity planning
- Managing and implementing software upgrades and patches
- Creating and modifying scripts and applications to run tasks
- Generating ideas to improve the stability, security, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborating with others to create automation strategies and deployment processes
We're looking for these qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Linux Administrator
- Mastery of Linux, especially Ubuntu & Debian
- Working experience with MySQL and WordPress
- Digital Ocean
- Web server management experience with Nginx
- Load balancer management experience with HAProxy (or similar)
- Configuration management experience with Ansible (or similar experience)
- Hashicorp Terraform & Packer for Infrastructure as Code (or similar)
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Zabbix
- Shell scripting
- Docker experience is a plus!
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
Caffeine and pants are optional, and this position will forever be remote. Use the form below to send us your info if you're interested in learning more!