For this position, we need to clarify one very important thing: there's going to be a lot of traffic.
Luckily we're not referring to commuting because this job is fully remote (yay!), so forget about physical traffic (and wearing pants). Our client has a website with heavy traffic and they're looking for a Senior Backend Node.js wizard to build highly performant code and queries to maintain and debug their site.
Want to know what you'll be doing?
- Improving their legacy code, and investigating the code base: you're a fearless warrior who isn't afraid of the word "legacy"
- Solving tricky issues by relying on your experience and your initiative to meet deadlines and get creative
- Building code that will have an immediate positive impact. Creating code that is tested, maintainable, readable, and reusable
- Teaming up with coworkers to share knowledge and collaborate
- Creating tickets when needed, and making architectural decisions
What kind of experience are we looking for?
- Top-level Node.js skills
- Great grasp of package management and microservices architecture
- Experience with internal and/or 3rd party APIs: building, integrating, and testing
- Confidence in your test writing skills
- Strong experience with MySQL and MongoDB
- Experience with these technologies/tools: ElasticSearch, Gitlab, GitHub, NewRelic, Nginx, PM2, JIRA, Debian, Jenkins/CI, Confluence, or similar
- A proven track record of maintaining and debugging highly trafficked websites in Node.js
- DevOps experience in a Node.js environment
Have we caught your attention? Then please use the form below to apply! This is a great opportunity to work in a highly collaborative and enjoyable environment, to work remotely from home, and to be recognized as the Node.js rockstar that you are.