At Deliveroo we have an outstanding data science organisation, with a mission to enable the highest quality human and machine decision-making. We work throughout the company - in product, business and platform teams - using analysis, experimentation, causal inference and machine learning techniques. We are uniquely placed to use data to help make better decisions and improve data literacy across Deliveroo.
We are looking for an experienced business intelligence analyst that is passionate about metrics and telling the stories behind the data. We have several roles open across different teams (grocery, loyalty, restaurants) and levels of seniority.
You will be a professional in insights storytelling, communication and visualisation and know how to create action from metrics. Crafting effective intelligent benchmarks, understanding performance, caring about data quality, enabling automation and creating phenomenal visualisations and stories are things that drive you.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with commercial stakeholders to create value and business impact through better data availability, visualisation and analysis
- Discover, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets to perform ad-hoc analyses and deliver insights to the executive team and senior management
- Understand key drivers of the business and provide data driven guidance on key levers
- Identify and specify data needs and quality requirements and work closely with Data Engineers to ensure data is available, accurate and corresponds to the business needs
- Consolidate and distribute best analytical practices from different teams and countries
- Strong problem solving abilities involving identifying the root cause of problems, assessing risks/impacts and determining and implementing effective solutions.
- A good understanding of querying in SQL and understanding of database structure - you’ll be expected to be able to extract the data you need for your analysis.
- Compelling story-telling skills, and an eye for powerful visualisations - you’ll need to translate your findings for all levels of stakeholder (business and technical)
- Good knowledge of Excel/GSheets - depending on the task, there is a good chance that this is where some of your exploratory analysis will take place. Being comfortable with pivot tables and functions will be essential.
Nice to haves:
- Developer experience with a data visualisation tool (Looker, Tableau, Periscope)
- Understanding of another coding language (Python/R)