Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
The Rider Finance Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the entire Deliveroo fleet and the agencies whom we work with in the Middle East are paid correctly, and on time consistently. On top of this, this position will govern cost reporting and to some extent, rider-related spend across Deliveroo UAE and Kuwait. The role is a mix between a payroll manager and finance manager with the added responsibility of managing a team of 2 associates.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the team to calculate the monthly payroll for the Deliveroo rider fleet and their corresponding manpower company employers across both UAE and Kuwait accurately and efficiently
- Identify and course-correct any discrepancies in a timely manner
- Collaborate closely with the Central Accounts Payable teams and agencies to ensure a consistently smooth payments process (incl. invoicing verification)
- Continuously simplify and streamline internal and external payroll processes, including exploring automation opportunities with Central teams
Reporting & Planning
- Analyses and evaluates financial metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Provides country and Finance management with analytical commentary on results versus budget and forecast, highlighting trends and variances and assists management in the formulation of action plans to correct budget deviations
- Provide timely snapshots of rider earnings distribution and evolution to support other Operations teams to bolster the propositions of our key stakeholders
- Continuously simplify and streamline internal and external reporting for a myriad of stakeholders, including automation opportunities
- Support the budgeting process by developing operational financial outlooks and estimates as required during the course of the year to assist management for the budgeting process.
- Collaborate closely with the Central Finance team to reconcile accounts and reporting
- Operations: Works closely with sub-teams in Operations (e.g. Rider Supply or Procurement) to identify further opportunities for prudent spending
- Agencies: Manage queries and resolve issues raised by rider agency partners with a high level of professionalism
- Team: Manage the professional development and well-being of the associates, and create an environment that fosters collaboration and positivity
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Experience in a professional role involving payroll, finance management and managing a small team
- Basic professional accounting qualifications (good-to-have)
- Proficient analytical skills to make data-driven decisions for operational and economical improvements (e.g. Excel and G-sheets are must-have, SQL is good-to-have)
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, including the willingness to get to the bottom of things and your hands dirty
- Confident communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels, ability to influence people across the organization
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbal & written) across a wide range of stakeholders
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.