We are on a mission to spark connections and bring people together.
Dcard is a social media platform devoted to creating a safe and free environment for ever-flowing ideas and extraordinary stories. Garnering the trust of the younger generation, our service attracts millions of active users and up to 20 million unique visitors per month. We have substantial influence and high penetration amongst the youth of Taiwan, but our ambitions do not stop here.
As a strong and emerging international company, we are on a mission to spark connections and bring people together. We continue to make impactful influence in the social media, advertising and e-commerce fields. Continuing our success in the Taiwan market, we are now expanding to Hong Kong, Japan, and the APAC market.
As a Machine Learning Backend Engineer at Dcard, you will collaborate closely with product managers and developers to build products that matter and create tools that accelerate growth. Join our team of developers to build the social network of the next generation. We code in a fresh monolithic repository and ship code every few hours, and most importantly, we're never afraid of using new and bold approaches to conquer challenges.
If you are ready to take the leap, join us in creating an experience that connects people all around the world!
Why should you join Dcard？
Dcard's products have expanded from the card-pairing feature to community, e-commerce, and other services targeting university students and young people. We are building a rapidly growing and continuously expanding organization with a growth mindset. The team focuses on long-term mission vision and strategy, working together to stay focused on goals and continuously break through barriers. We are reaching out to the world, creating more opportunities and development in different fields, and we are not satisfied with the current boundaries. We need you to provide value to our users in more aspects of life!
About the Dcard Engineering team
As a member of the Dcard Engineering Team, you will not only focus on feature development but also optimize the developer experience and architecture, and evaluate the adoption of new technologies. At Dcard, you will face many interesting challenges, working on high-traffic products, constantly adjusting and improving the existing architecture to provide smooth services to millions of users. We are -
- Data Driven - Any analysis and decision-making within the team revolve around important metrics, and product development goals are based on OKRs to measure their value, ensuring that everyone is on the same track and moving towards the same goal. We value data-driven thinking over relying on intuition.
- Fast-Paced - Working with a talented team, you will experience significant growth in both technical and collaborative abilities. The team operates at a fast pace, and we expect the product to move forward quickly. Consequently, we face daily challenges such as setting up an ad system to handle high traffic or ensuring real-time and fast data updates.
- Process Optimization - The team pays great attention to the smoothness of processes and continuously thinks about how to collaborate more efficiently. We roll up our sleeves and directly change things that bother us, optimizing the development and life experiences as a whole.
- Continuous Growth - In addition to regular study sessions, we learn about the projects undertaken by team members in different domains through Developer Sessions within the team. We also invite external members to share successful case studies or development processes from other teams.
You will be involved in the team to:
- Collaborate with Machine Learning Engineers to deploy algorithms as user-accessible services.
- Develop MLOps practices to enhance the development experience of machine learning algorithms.
- Build machine learning-related ETL pipelines.
- Collaborate with Data Engineers to develop and optimize data infrastructure.
- Establish system monitoring mechanisms to improve service stability.
We expect an excellent Machine Learning Backend Engineering to have:
- Proficient in Python and open to learning new languages.
- Capable of writing highly readable, maintainable, and scalable code, as well as conducting high-quality code reviews.
- Familiar with software project development processes.
- Have at least one year of experience in developing distributed systems or Backend APIs.
- Familiar with Kubernetes practices and principles.
- Knowledgeable in system monitoring design.
- Familiar with one or more of the following database systems: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, ClickHouse, BigQuery.
- Possess excellent communication and collaboration skills, able to articulate ideas clearly and work smoothly with team members.
It would be even better if you have the following skills:
- Have more than two years of experience in designing large-scale distributed systems.
- Familiar with knowledge in one or more of the following domains: recommendation systems, advertising systems, e-commerce systems.
- Proficient in machine learning project development processes, including data processing, model deployment workflows, and CI-related designs.
- Familiar with one of the following distributed computing systems: Spark, Flink.
- Proficient in building Airflow systems and ETL development.
- Knowledgeable in Data Engineering.
At Dcard, every member is equal, and we value and celebrate differences. We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment, giving respect to every member. We believe that equality and diversity can bring infinite possibilities for innovation. Dcard maintains a non-discriminatory employment environment, giving equal opportunity to all candidates.