HOURS: Core Business Hours
LOCATION: Central Office, Manhattan
STATUS: Full Time/Exempt
NYCJA is creating a team of IT professionals with curiosity to learn, a strong focus on customer needs and an ability to address current business requirements with an eye toward future possibilities. The .NET Developer is responsible for development, implementation, maintenance and support of new and existing software solutions. Candidates must be experienced in user interface development and at translating designs into polished, production-ready applications. This position will be based in our main office in Manhattan, NYC.
Each employee should embody the following core values in their work at CJA:
- Commitment: We are committed to being active partners in criminal justice reform through initiatives and creative problem-solving that evaluates different methods and strategies for alternatives to detention.
- Fairness: We are guided by fairness and the presumption of innocence for those who are detained and work with integrity and without bias to protect the privacy and interest of court-involved people and their families.
- Innovation: We value curiosity as a driving force to lead the way in pretrial services. We use innovative techniques in research, pilot programs, and engaging justice-involved communities to execute our mission of reducing unnecessary pretrial detention.
- Work in a collaborative design and development environment
- Actively provide feedback and formal code review for other developers
- Self-starter with the ability to think strategically, develop new code and resolve issues anywhere in the stack
- Understand agile software development and identify ways to improve our design and development processes
- Ability to effectively communicate and partner with business owners to develop specifications
- Review business requirements and propose technology solutions
- Create and deploy clean, scalable and maintainable code
- Effectively analyze source code to validate business and technical requirements and support application improvements
- Contribute to implementation efforts (UAT, environment setup, and end user support)
- Support production applications through proactive troubleshooting and timely resolution of issues
- Appropriately prioritize work and provide status updates to ensure that work completes according to schedule and meets customer expectations
- Adhere to best practices & standards, as well as security and data protection measures
- 3+ years of application development experience, agile experience preferred
- Experience using code versioning tools such as Git and GitHub
- Understanding of Web API services (JSON, REST)
- Proficient in C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core, Visual Studio (Azure DevOps a plus), XML standards and related technology
- MS Dynamics Development/Customization experience desired
- Working knowledge of SQL query programming and stored procedures required
- Bachelors in a technology related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Excellent team player with a keen desire to learn
- Strong problem solving, design, programming and testing skills as well as a desire to learn new languages and technology
- Able to participate in an on-call rotation
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to translate business requirements into clear technical specifications
CJA offers a very generous benefit plan including health, dental and vision insurance, a comprehensive mental health and wellness (EAP) plan, four weeks’ vacation, paid holidays and a retirement plan with employer matching contributions. CJA is also strongly committed to professional learning and development for its staff members and offers staff varied opportunities for learning and development through partnerships and vendor services for web based, in-person professional development training, as well as in-house job training and development.
SALARY: $75,000 -$95,000, commensurate with experience
The New York City Criminal Justice Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer