Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
CK Money is looking for a seasoned Director, [BaaS] Partner Management to lead this mission critical function. This individual will be part of the CK Money leadership team, and responsible for managing a growing team of Partner Managers that oversee CK Money’s 15+ partners across the fintech and banking landscape that power our product . The right candidate will lead the team with the goal of optimizing (and measuring) ROI from our existing partnerships, as well as ensuring technically complex internal stakeholder requirements are prioritized and delivered. The right candidate can toggle between team leadership and critical IC contribution. This person will regularly interact with our partners’ C-Suite executives, as well as with cross-functional leadership across Credit Karma. The role will report to the Director II, Product Partnerships, CK Money.
- Ownership of partner management function with all strategic CK Money partners, including prioritization of business, strategic and financial objectives, and structuring and negotiation of new projects
- Develop relationships with key partners. Provide oversight of day-to-day management of partner relationships with a focus on driving value for CK Money and our members
- Standardize our approach to partner management, including a focus on tracking partner costs, performance, SLAs, service credits, etc. as well as define, monitor and effectively manage partnership success KPI’s monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Mobilize partners and internal resources to execute and meet objectives, and measure KPI’s for all partners in a standardized way
- Focus on improving partner performance based on performance tracking (directly with partners or through your team)
- Monitor and analyze usage of partner services, driving internal conversations around cost reduction
- Work with the Product Partnerships team to support expanding (and optimizing) partnerships through agreement amendments, supporting the negotiation of reasonable and mutually beneficial terms with strategic partners
- Represent partners with internal organizations, including communication of partner concerns, performance results and upcoming plans to team members and executive leadership
- Establish cadence for meeting with partners (including driving MBRs/QBRs with key partners for business reviews) and corresponding internal reviews such as Product Roadmap, Engineering scalability, and administrative billing reviews
- Develop your team of Partner Managers while taking on some Individual Contributor responsibilities, including but not limited to managing some partners directly as needed
- Drive collaboration across Marketing, Partnerships, Product, Banking Product Services, Fraud, Legal, etc. towards delivery clearly articulated requirements to our partners
- 10+ years of experience (and expertise) in fintech, payments or banking working in Partnerships, Business Development, Product Management, or Technical Program Management. MBA strongly preferred.
- 4-5 years of team building and management experience with ability to influence all levels of management in a matrixed organization
- Experience working with C-Level executives at fortune 500 companies, managing complex technical partnerships and technical issue escalations
- Exceptional leadership and relationship-building skills, and the ability to dive deep into both business and technical problems
- Advanced Project Management skill set, with demonstrated ability to coordinate prioritization and execution across multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
- Strong analytical bent and the ability to navigate and embrace technical complexity
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, solve complex technical problems within fast moving matrixed organizations
- Ability to thrive in a complex ecosystem, collecting, sharing, and synthesizing input from many directions and enabling your team to continuously extract value from partnerships
- Ability to operate independently (as an IC) as well as lead a team simultaneously
- Tech savvy and comfortable with SaaS business management solutions, including Jira, Google Apps, Msft Office, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: