Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Platform enables the organization by utilizing the power of public cloud and Kubernetes to provide a seamless application platform in a reliable and scalable manner. Cloud Security SREs will develop and deliver capabilities across our Cloud Platform which harden our security posture. This team serves as an enabler for the organization with security as a critical stakeholder to evolve our technology through automation and reliable architecture.
What you'll do:
- Drive security solutions and implement systems that propel the organization as we leverage the capability of the Cloud to provide a seamless Platform, think Devsecops + Platform Engineering
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive the scalability and reliability of platform services
- Manage, prioritize, and strategize short term and long term objectives.
- Hire talented engineers and provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to the team
- Compute Platform architecture with security and reliability (IaaS, PaaS) in mind
- Working with Public Cloud, e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, etc as well as container orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Maintaining an automation centric vision and incorporating SRE and Devsecops methodologies in an effort to increase reliability and decreasing toil
- Involvement in technical design and architecture discussions and decisions as well as contributing to technical troubleshooting in various part of the stack
What's great about the role:
- You will have the opportunity to contribute greatly to an extremely engineering-focused organization
- Your contributions will have a noticeable impact on our members as well as your fellow Karmanauts (that's what we call ourselves)
- You will be involved in organizational efforts of continuous improvement to increase and ensure the reliability of Credit Karma
- You will get broad exposure to our full stack, consisting of desired and progressive technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform, Jenkins, etc.
- You will grow and learn and have fun doing it--it's part of our culture
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you have probably already read about
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a web-centric Linux production environment building and architecting secure infrastructure to scale modern web applications and supporting components
- 3+ years managing, growing, and developing engineers responsible for production and platform reliability/security
- Strong understanding of Computer Engineering with a focus on security, Infrastructure, Platform, and Application (Cloud, Containerization, Container orchestration, Network, Application Reliability, Database Architecture).
- Experience running Infrastructure at scale; utilize Configuration Management and automation to ensure idempotency, ephemerality, security, and reliability.
- Familiar with SRE and Devsecops methodologies and passionate about solving operation problems by utilizing automation and software.
- Ability to communicate effectively vertically and horizontally within the organization via demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional experience with Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform and CI/CD toolsets
- Experience working in a hybrid environment as well as Public Cloud, e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Familiarity with information security principles and best practices in virtual environments
Header to use - Benefits at Credit Karma includes:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: