Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
About the role
As a FP&A Analyst, you will support financial reporting, analytics, and planning capabilities for one of our Insurance business. You will help the team to achieve financial and strategic goals through developing complex forecasts and analyses to inform business decisions. You will have a high sense of ownership, a natural interest in improving the way the business is viewed and a strong ability to communicate with non-financially minded peers.
What you'll do:
- Lead financial and strategic planning processes (e.g. monthly business reviews, forecasts, annual budget) for a vertical
- Partner with cross-functional teams (BizOps, Analytics, BD, Marketing, Data and Product) to build driver-based models to forecast revenue and expenses
- Develop business metrics and build dashboards to create meaningful insights and actionable recommendations
- Improve predictability of the business by continuously improving, automating and scaling forecast processes and methodologies
- Identify and quantify financial or operational risks and opportunities to the business
- Support ad-hoc projects such as evaluating the financial viability of new product launches, advising on trade-offs of investments and understanding business model changes
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience (FP&A at high-growth tech companies, investment banking or corporate finance)
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Math or other related field
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office and the Google Doc suites
- Self-starter, intellectually curious and a fast learner
What we would like to see:
- Ability to build complex financial models for forecasting and analysis
- A strong, analytical background with experience navigating large datasets and synthesizing findings
- Effective communicator at connecting the dots between historical trends and product/business development
- Experience with Looker or other data visualization tools
Benefits at Credit Karma include:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Child Bonding, Cultural Observance)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: