Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As a Software Engineer your role will be to own and drive our continued scaling in the U.K. and contribute to key decisions along the way that will influence our entire organisation.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to key efforts including build out of new product features, design & development of new microservices, and extending Credit Karma’s platform to new countries and markets
- Take an active role in your technical growth, and the processes that support overall team growth
- Scoping and planning work across multi-team efforts, working closely with business partners to define a product vision in technical terms, and plan implementation and delivery
What’s great about the role:
- The autonomy, pace, and quick decisioning of a startup, with the stability of Credit Karma’s mature platform and business
- Lots of opportunity to break new ground, discover and solve brand new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organisation
- Have the autonomy to achieve results without micromanagement
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 3-4 years experience in Scala, Java, Clojure and/or any functional language. We code primarily in Scala, so you’ll be excited to either ramp or continue with such
- 3-4 years experience in microservices architecture, messaging patterns, deployment models, domain driven design
- Approaches problems with a pragmatic, analysis driven approach - understands well trade-offs between perfection and time, with an eye towards iterative delivery of product features, and utilises this capacity to plan and deliver on product requirements
- DevOps experience a plus, specifically Docker, Kubernetes & Cloud Services
- React & experience is a plus
- Professional experience across entire software development process, from development environment, to CI & CD, to production deployment, product and application performance measurement
- Professional experience developing large-scale, high-volume services
- Significant professional experience in server-side development
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: