Location: British Columbia - Remote
Copperleaf’s enterprise software helps some of the world’s largest energy firms make better strategic decisions. We have a track record of delivering award-winning, industry-changing solutions. Join our team as we continue to enable our clients to build more resilient and sustainable infrastructure.
We’re looking for a Cyber Security Operations (SecOps) Analyst to join the Technology eXperience group. You will be responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and responding to cyber security events and incidents; responding to tickets initiated by the Security Operations Centre (SOC) and performing threat-hunting activities using cyber security tools; managing enterprise vulnerabilities, threat intelligence, and acting as an end-user facing representative of the SecOps team.
- Perform initial triage on security events populated in the ticketing system by analyzing and identifying cyber threat activity based on their known techniques, tactics, and procedures
- Analysis of host-based and network-based security alerts, responding to potential security incidents and vulnerabilities
- Support the development of advanced Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) rules and alerts to detect adversary techniques, tactics, and procedures by providing tuning recommendations based on day-to-day monitoring
- Document all activities during an incident and provide status updates during the life cycle of the incident
- Foster trust and positively contribute to the Copperleaf culture by exhibiting open, honest, and collaborative qualities in all interactions
- Intrusion detection, threat hunting, and continuous monitoring
- Incident response life cycle and techniques
- Networking security fundamentals
- Security technology (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, EDR, etc.)
- SIEM (Rapid7, Azure Sentinel)
- Microsoft 365 Security toolsets
- MITRE ATT&CK framework, and indicators of compromise (IoC)
- Ability to quickly learn new and complex concepts
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving, conceptual thinking and attention to detail
- Organized, proactive, and requiring minimal management oversight
- Outstanding written skills for preparing reports and briefings
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills across multiple levels of the organization
- 2 years of recent operational security experience (Security Operations Center (SOC), Incident Response, Malware Analysis, Intrusion Detection System (IDS) / Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Analysis, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), etc.)
Examples of Certifications:
- CompTIA Security+
- CyberSec First Responder
What’s it like here?
At Copperleaf, culture is at the very core of who we are and what we do. We’re a world-class team of innovators that inspire one another to learn and continually push the limits of what’s possible. We cultivate an atmosphere of openness and support where all opinions and ideas are valued and encouraged, and where teamwork is key to success. We value a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada, Copperleaf is committed to building a better world, one decision at a time. As one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies and winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we are a dynamic and disruptive organization offering exciting opportunities for growth and innovation.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Copperleaf’s culture and play a vital role in our growth strategy. We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels a sense of belonging and can contribute to their maximum potential. Our differences are the reason great things happen here. If you are an applicant in need of accommodations or special assistance throughout the interview process, please submit a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.