This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US, and the Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140 million series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth. We are now valued at $1.9 billion, and have been named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
As a Sr. Solutions Engineer, you are the technical pillar of our sales team and support us in the distribution of our innovative eCommerce platform, primarily in the North America region. This could be a great career move for you as we are working for the leading brands in eCommerce and are disrupting the market. You will work closely with partners and potential customers, convincing their technical decision-makers and making sure that our solution scenarios meet customer needs at 100%.
Do you have a background in Software Engineering and a deep understanding of the eCommerce industry? You are communicative and do not hesitate to speak with the tech teams, CTOs and decision-makers of potential customers on equal terms? Then we’re looking forward to your application and your support to make our cloud-based API the world's leading eCommerce platform!
- Responsibility for all technical questions in the sales team
- Presentation of the commercetools platform (architecture and functional scope) and participation in follow-up sales meetings to discuss and finalize technical questions with our customer's tech teams and/or CTOs
- Support of the customers in the development of the overall architecture incl. other involved systems and the migration strategy
- Development of convincing customer-specific answers in the technical part of Requests for Proposal/specifications
- Conception, implementation and presentation of our demo stores and customized sample solutions
What you need to succeed:
- 2+ years pre-sales experience selling complex, technical products.
- Experienced in solution architecting, project scoping and product demonstration skills
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Ability to build a deep understanding of a customer’s communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
What can you expect:
As a member of our U.S. team of commercetoolers, we are proud to offer the following:
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Generous time off package including PTO, parental leave, company holidays, sick time, and volunteer time off
- Compensation benefits including 401K company match and an annual professional development stipend
- Opportunity to make an impact within commercetools and our community by joining our DE&I Committee, Engage the Change, or our Culture Committee
- Opportunity to work with a major technology leader and disruptor in the growing e-commerce space
- Great team of smart, hardworking, and fun team members who work with a mutual respect and appreciation, take responsibility, and evolve together
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
We believe that our diversity makes us a stronger team. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We hope to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people choose to do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing modern principles to ecommerce through both technology and company culture. We know success comes from the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Check them out here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!