Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the role:
Clipboard Health is expanding to support our growth by adding a high-performing Senior Accountant to the Finance team! Reporting to our Director of Accounting, you will assist with managing month-end close, including the preparation and posting of journals. This person will have a strong collaboration with our broader Finance team to implement efficient accounting procedures. This role will require strong communication and organizational skills to ensure the company’s consolidated financial statements are prepared timely and accurately. This could be the ideal position for you if you are a detail-oriented, analytical thinker with high standards and a talent for creating financial statements.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting close including preparing journal entries, analyzing and explaining fluctuations, and providing meaningful financial reporting.
- Understand relevant accounting principles and communicate such principles to peers and business partners.
- Analyze current procedures and make recommendations to develop and drive process improvements to achieve efficiency and scalability.
- Operate with minimum supervision.
- Support external audit processes and create improvements for any inefficiencies identified.
- Assist in implementation, maintenance, and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Special projects and impromptu reporting on request.
- 2-3+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience.
- A solid understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- CPA and recent Big Four experience.
- Experience in a technology or high-growth company operating in a SOX environment.
- NetSuite experience.
- Experience researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions.
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- First principles mindset – you break down a complex problem into its most basic foundational elements and build from there.
- Extreme curiosity - not satisfied with easy or convenient answers; drive issues to root cause.
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
100% remote and must be able to work in Pacific Standard Time zone