Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the Role:
Our finance team is expanding to support our company's growth! Reporting to our Head of Finance, you will lead the month-end close process, managing the close procedures and leading the review and approval of journal entries. This person will have a strong collaboration with our broader Finance team to implement efficient accounting procedures. This role will require strong communication and organizational skills to ensure the company's consolidated financial statements are prepared timely and accurately. This could be the ideal position for you if you are a detail-oriented, analytical thinker with high standards and a talent for creating financial statements.
- Perform and review daily operational accounting processes; record journal entries, complex general ledger account reconciliations, and support timely month-end close
- In-depth experience with month-end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, expenses, and payroll
- Assist in implementation, maintenance, and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Play a part in a variety of department-wide initiatives, including implementation of new ERP system and transition from outsourced accounting operations
- Operate with minimum supervision
- Special projects and impromptu reporting upon request
- Participate in the team's month, quarter, and year-end close procedures, iterating these workflows as needed
- Support the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Respond to and provide support for external auditor and tax accountant requests
- Assemble analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management reporting
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 5+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- CPA and recent Big Four experience a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of Closing Processes
- Strong spreadsheet and data management skills (e.g., pivot tables, vlookups)
- A solid understanding of U.S. GAAP
- ERP system experience
- Strong written communication skills. Effectively interacts with others at all levels internally and externally – within and outside of Finance.
- Ability to tailor communication to the audience to achieve desired results
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges