Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
Our product today manages millions of dollars of invoices and pays thousands of participants. We operate a healthcare labor marketplace but we’re highly ambitious. In the future we’d like to do more than healthcare, and we’re actively investing in other products beyond our core marketplace to continue growing our business. We want your help in fulfilling our mission of raising people up the socioeconomic ladder, and in the finance scout role you have flexibility in determining the best way to accomplish the goal.
As a Finance Scout, you’ll be one of a handful of finance analysts in a several hundred million dollar P&L inside a Sequoia-backed unicorn, where your mission is to follow your curiosity and do whatever you want. You might work with our Sales, Marketing, or Operations Team to hunt down insights about how to run the marketplace better. You might work with Product to implement new financial services products. You might create from scratch the liquidity ladder to manage balance sheet cash or negotiate asset backed lines of credit with bulge-bracket banks. This is a go-anywhere do-anything role.
You’ll be working closely with our Strategy & Operations and Product team in this role. I’d read our Product Team Standards and our Product Team Structure to get a sense of how we think and what we value.
Beyond the basics, what will make you successful:
- Extreme Ownership: the buck stops with you, no matter what anyone else did or did not do. You're self-reliant, and can get things done in the chaos that is an early-stage startup scaling quickly.
- Extreme Curiosity: you ask "why" 3-5 times in a row for the same problem, digging and digging and not being satisfied until you truly understand the root cause.
- Experience in startups, strategy, consulting, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics, or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is preferred
- Experience working in quantitative or analytical roles
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Do great work that matters, in healthcare, for customers who could really use your help.
- Move at the speed of your thinking.
- Zero commute. Work wherever you are, globally (but on or around US Pacific Time hours)