Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the Role:
One of our major growth areas is acute care, and we are looking for someone who can sell our platform to hospital systems.
The ideal candidate is someone who already deeply understands which stakeholders matter in a hospital, how to navigate hospital buying cycles, and how to originate and push deals forward through contract negotiations to close.
This is an execution role. If you get fired up about winning deals that drive revenue for a successful startup, this role could be a good fit. That being said, the vertical is new, so we will be learning a lot from you and your success for future replication.
You should expect to:
- Run a full-cycle sales process, prospecting leads, booking and owning discovery calls, running product demos, negotiating terms, and signing contracts
- Clearly articulate the value proposition and ROI of our products to clinical and non-clinical stakeholders
- Establish credibility and trust with providers and healthcare executives by demonstrating strong business acumen and understanding of clinical workflows
- Test sales motions, pitches, value props, provide feedback on what tactics are most effective, and develop and recommend sales strategies
- Capture feedback from prospects on their needs, wants, and pains, and share that feedback with product teams to develop our offering and win product-market fit
Beyond the basics, what will make you successful:
- Extreme Ownership: the buck stops with you, no matter what anyone else did or did not do. You're self-reliant, and can get things done in the chaos that is an early-stage startup scaling quickly.
- Extreme Curiosity: you ask "why" 3-5 times in a row for the same problem, digging and digging and not being satisfied until you truly understand the root cause.
- Scrappiness: you look for ways through problems and refuse to let obstacles derail your progress. You bring solutions and ideas instead of asking ‘what should I do?’.
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change.
- 3+ years of experience selling to hospitals (if the Chief Nursing Officer or Chief Human Resources Officer was involved in the buying process, that is a huge plus).
- Proven top performer in previous sales roles. You consistently achieved quota and were in the top 20% of your peers.
- Comfortable creating new sales motions and iterating on your own process, adapting quickly, and writing on progress and strategy.
- Highly driven and tenacious individual with a strong sense of urgency (speed is our advantage), execution focus, and ability to excel in a fast paced, dynamic and intense environment.
- Must be based in North America, with ability and willingness to occasionally travel (for example to conferences and prospect visits).
- Do great work that matters, in healthcare, for customers who could really use your help.
- Move at the speed of your thinking.
- Join a small, tightly knit team that really enjoys holding each other to high expectations and has a good time doing it.
- You’ll experience the fast pace of a high-growth tech startup and be one of the first in your particular role.
- Competitive pay.
- Unlimited PTO.