Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
What’s weird about working with us?
- We care a lot. Our CEO spends substantial time regularly doing customer service, and many of our healthcare professionals and healthcare facility clients have her personal cell phone number.
- We are globally distributed. Just on the engineering team, we have folks from: the United States, Chile, Mongolia, Turkey, India, Ukraine, Indonesia, Brazil, Columbia… and that’s just from folks who’ve joined us so far this year.
- We take our values seriously: our COO literally has a handmade Curiosity Initiative and Ownership sign on his wall (you’ll see it if you video call him).
- We have more engineers than we “need” on purpose. It makes us fast (many features go from idea to production in 2-4 weeks). It also allows small teams to see a problem, and just go fix it. A team went off and created a new SaaS product, another team rewrote a core service under a new architecture.
- We highly value being a workplace without any “toes” to be stepped on. See a problem? Go ahead and fix it, you don’t need permission.
You’re good at:
- Leading and growing a team of Site Reliability and DevOps Engineers
- Managing your teams’ performance to increase the output of the people you lead and others around them
- Continuously improving the infrastructure, processes, and developer experience and tools that support reliable application delivery at scale including CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure management, metrics and logging
- Owning and scaling live-site operations and incident response
Extra Awesome if you are:
- A fan of the speed of startups, having worked at one or more (including maybe your own) before
- Familiar with modern industry tools such as: Jenkins, GitHub Actions, DataDog, Datadog APM or OpenTelemetry, GitHub Status Checks, Codecov, PagerDuty/OpsGenie
- Experienced in developing and supporting cloud applications on AWS, ECS/Fargate, PostgreSQL/Aurora, Lambda, SQS/SNS, S3, DynamoDB, Kafka/Kinesis, ElasticSearch, Snowflake/Redshift, Terraform
Perks of Working with us:
- Do great work that matters, in healthcare, for customers who could really use your help
- Zero commute. Work wherever you are, globally (but on or around US Pacific Time hours)