We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 4 million users and plan to double that number each year...which is where you come in.
As we scale, we’re bringing new features and products into the ecosystem at whiplash-inducing pace - across spending cards, credit score coaching, “debt crushing” services and beyond. To make this work at our global scale we’re looking for a Card Ops Manager to support our mission.
What you will be doing
Reporting into the Head of Business Operations & Partnerships, you will be a crucial part of the team scaling Cleo. Your focus will be on operationalizing our card product and building the processes to scale our operations team, working closely with external partners, as well as product and customer support teams.
- Product ops: Building out processes, success measures and executing on initiatives to operationalize Cleo’s card operations, improve our systems and hit OKRs.
- Partnerships: Our card product needs partners to exist. You will be responsible for maintaining the relationship with a few of our key external partners, including our bank partner & processor. This includes internal & external reporting, monthly/weekly meetings & issue management/resolution.
- No Bad Actors: You will be responsible for maintaining processes related to fraud, including all forms of disputes (billing, credit, transactional) as well as fraud prevention procedures & controls.
- Process improvement: You will be in charge of building key card processes around fraud, dispute resolution & overall customer success.
- Make it better: Quality Assurance: You will be responsible for maintaining all card operations and ensuring they work smoothly. Does the product do what it is intended to do? Do the systems communicate correctly? Is the data correct?
- Data data data: Working with product analysts to build out reporting and analytics for our the Card products and Customer Service, identifying issues and customer needs as they arise and implementing solutions and tooling to resolve them
- You have worked within operations previously, preferably at a financial technology company, with 5+ years of experience
- You have experience with credit card operations, including fraud, disputes or process improvements
- You can demonstrate a sharp analytical mind, and the ability to identify root cause issues
- You have the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans, and communicate them clearly across company disciplines
- You have experience and are comfortable working closely with internal teams (across engineering, product and analytics) and external partners
- You’re good at working from 0-1 on problems, and can share examples of teams or operational processes and systems that you have scaled from idea to execution.
Nice to haves
- You have managed external partnerships at a technology company previously
- You have worked at a VC-backed startup before, and seen hyper-growth in action
- You have managed sensitive commercial relationships with external vendors successfully, and can give examples of where you made a tangible business or customer impact through your relationships with these vendors.
- You have experience improving processes and efficiency for customer-facing teams
- Experience in project management
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a BDP3 level and we can pay £58,320 - £75,836 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we’d love you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office. If you’re outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us a few times per year. And we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 401k matching in the US and 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- 2 months paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo!
- Early finish every Friday
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future. Check out this page for more information.