We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Our Singapore team is growing and looking to hire an Analyst, Financial Risk Adviser. As a financial risk adviser focusing on the Japanese market, you will collaborate with two more experienced Japanese colleagues in managing engagements and client relationships. Clients include general corporates, private equity, or real estate, with a focus on interest rate and currency hedging.
In this role you will:
- Develop thoughtful quantitative and qualitative analysis to clients. Providing verbal and written explanations of complex subject matter in a thorough but easy-to-digest manner.
- Review and negotiate legal documents and manage transaction execution processes involving bilateral negotiations or competitive auctions among multiple counterparties.
- As an advisor, you can evolve into one with relationship management responsibilities
- Travel periodically to clients in Japan and other Chatham offices for professional development, but the role does not involve frequent business trips.
Contributors to your success:
- 2+ years of professional experience in Japan providing familiarity with Japanese business customs.
- Although most of the expertise required to succeed in a Chatham risk advisory role is gained on the job through an apprenticeship model, a solid foundation in mathematics, economics, business, or finance would be advantageous to any applicant.
- The consulting aspect of this role means that communication and interpersonal skills are critical.
- Time management proficiency
- Flexibility when priorities change with little notice, and the ability to stay calm and sharp under pressure are valuable traits.
Our goal is to develop people so that they can achieve greater responsibilities and have impact on those around them, clients, and teammates. Our current opportunities lie within our emerging and rapidly developing service offerings, allowing analysts to contribute during the early lifecycle of these services. Career development opportunities include deep technical expertise in derivatives, client advisory and service delivery, product development, and strategic initiatives.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.