We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
We seek to enhance our European team with a role specializing in documentation and process management for interest rate, currency, and commodity transactions. The role is a key part of our team and is charged with managing the processing of derivative contracts and associated operational and regulatory workflows in proprietary and third-party systems.
In this role you will:
The purpose of the role is to continuously improve the efficiency, accuracy, and scalability of our hedging operations as we serve clients with excellence before and after transactions are executed. This role specializes in reviewing derivatives documentation and operational management of regulatory and transaction processes. The role is part of the team charged with supporting real estate, private equity, corporate and emerging markets sectors. We expect primary responsibilities to include:
Financial Documentation Management
Understand, own, and manage our clients’ financial transaction documentation by:
- Reviewing transaction documentation (e.g. trade confirmations) to ensure the accuracy of all its economic, financial and legal terms.
- Coordinating with major investment banks to negotiate and finalize transaction documentation.
Transaction and Regulatory Process Management
Assist our clients in complying with derivatives regulatory and transaction requirements by operational management of:
- Confirming foreign exchange trades on online trade matching platform and resolving discrepancies.
- Assisting in the daily operational processes of posting and collecting collateral.
- Obtaining and renewing Legal Entity Identifiers for legal entities entering in financial transactions.
- Coordinating between internal sector teams and external parties to comply with anti-money laundering requirements.
- Preparing regulatory compliance reports.
In this role, you will help clients efficiently navigate the operational and regulatory compliance aspects of a transaction. We strive to continually improve the workflows we are responsible for and have the chance to do so by implementing process changes and/or leveraging supporting technology. Team members play a crucial role in these process improvements and serve as subject matter experts, providing regular training and resources for all Chatham teams.
Contributors to your success:
- Experience working in operations or contract review may be beneficial but is not required
- An interest in operational process management and improvement
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Ability to multitask and independently prioritize workload
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.