We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
As a SDET / Automation Engineer, you will be working on the advancements of our unique proprietary software, ChathamDirect. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining automated tests for new SaaS Products. As for our team, we are a diverse group of Software Engineers, Testers, DevOps Engineers, Security Engineers, UX Designers, Quants and DBAs at varying levels of expertise. We pride ourselves on exciting our clients with our SaaS based products built for: corporations, global real estate firms, financial Institutions, and private equity advisors. We are a global team that thrives on collaboration, fostering relationships, and providing our employees with equal opportunities for growth and professional advancements.
In this role you will:
- Design and implement end-to-end tests using Playwright in .NET that cover various user scenarios, ensuring the proper functioning of web applications across different browsers and platforms.
- Develop automated service tests using .NET with xUnit.
- Collaborate with developers and business stakeholders to define test strategies, test plans, and acceptance criteria for new features and enhancements.
- Create test data and test environments as needed to ensure accurate and comprehensive test coverage.
- Integrate automated tests into the continuous integration and deployment pipelines, enabling regular and automated execution of tests.
- Analyze test results and report issues in a clear and detailed manner, including steps to reproduce with relevant logs or screenshots.
- Maintain automated test suites to accommodate changes in the application's functionality or user interface.
- Create automated regression tests to ensure that existing functionality is not affected by new code changes or system updates.
- Collaborate with the development team to troubleshoot and debug issues, assisting in root cause analysis and defect resolution.
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback on testability and test coverage of the application codebase.
- Stay up to date with the latest features and capabilities of testing technology, as well as testing best practices and industry trends.
- Continuously improve testing processes and frameworks, identifying opportunities for test automation and efficiency gains.
- You will have a direct impact on delivering products and solutions to help our clients analyze, account for and report on their financial risk.
- You will build tools to automate external or internal workflows to serve our clients across multiple sectors and directly contribute to revenue growth and support recurring revenue streams or streamline internal operations and processes to positively contribute to our bottom line.
- You will help to foster an inclusive culture where technical excellence, delivery and collaboration is encouraged.
Contributors to your success:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience developing automated tests in an agile scrum environment.
- Experience with Playwright and .NET Framework.
- Understanding of continuous delivery principles and processes.
- Ability to demonstrate effective and open communication and collaboration.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 700 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,500 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $1 trillion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day.
At Chatham, we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.