We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham Financial's Global Real Estate (“GRE”) sector solves real estate investors' capital markets problems and brings efficiency and innovation to the changing global landscape through unique offerings including interest rate hedging, capital advisory, defeasance and prepayment, debt management, accounting services, and valuation.
Within Chatham’s Valuation, Reporting and Analytics practice, team members are responsible for collaborating in understanding our current clients and exceeding their expectations, understanding the drivers of the solutions we provide, continuous development of exceptional processes, market expertise and products and in building both internal and external support for the practice.
As a Data Consultant specializing in institutional real estate clients, your primary responsibility will be to review and extract data from various types of real estate source documents such as loan agreements and promissory notes, leases and rent rolls, income and expense statements, capital expenditure reports and balance sheets. In addition to your work with real estate source documents, you will also maintain a working knowledge of database management tools and techniques. You will use your expertise to ensure that data is complete, accurate, and timely, with a focus on enabling clients to more confidently assess risk, manage investments and report financials.
You will work closely with our clients to understand the markets they are invested in, their investment and financing strategies and other factors that may impact the solutions we provide. In addition to understanding our clients, you will also be responsible for monitoring market trends and industry best practices, maintaining strong relationships with our clients, providing ongoing support, and ensuring that we are delivering the highest level of service possible.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in real estate investment or data management or a related field, with expertise in areas such as valuation, asset management, debt management or debt capital markets. They will also have exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to identify and resolve discrepancies or errors in data, and good analytical skills with the ability to review and extract data from various types of real estate source documents. A preference will be given to candidates who also have proficiency and experience utilizing tools such Python, SQL or R. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are also essential, as this position will require communication with clients, team members, and other stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Review and extract information from various types of real estate source documents such as loan agreements and promissory notes, leases and rent rolls, income and expense statements, capital expenditure reports and balance sheets.
- Develop familiarity with solutions provided for institutional real estate clients including property, debt or derivative valuations, debt management or covenant compliance or related analytical consulting.
- Provide technical and customer service support to clients who are using our SaaS platforms. This includes acting as the main point of contact for users related to the platform, assisting clients with setting up and using the platform, including configuration settings, running reports, managing data, responding to user inquiries in a timely manner, monitoring and evaluating user feedback, and recommending changes to improve the platform.
- Implement quality control procedures to ensure the accuracy and completeness of data and analysis and identify and resolve any discrepancies or errors.
- Work closely with clients to understand their investment and financing strategies, the markets they are invested in, and other factors that may impact the solutions we provide.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients, providing ongoing support and ensuring that we are delivering the highest level of service possible.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and procedures and apply this knowledge to improve the services we provide.
- Collaborate with team members and other stakeholders to ensure that projects and deliverables are completed on time and to the satisfaction of clients.
- Communicate effectively with clients, team members, and other stakeholders, using strong verbal and written communication skills to convey complex ideas and information.
Contributors to your success:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, real estate, computer science or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience working with institutional real estate data or clients.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey complex ideas and information to clients, team members, and other stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to review and extract information from various types of real estate source documents.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage resources effectively.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and keeping up to date with changes and developments in the real estate industry and data management practices.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing Python, SQL or R is a plus.
- Professional certifications such as CFA, CPA, or MAI are a plus.
For Colorado based candidates, the salary for the position is expected to start between $75,000 and $115,000 annually. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.