We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering mentorship and professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham works with some of the biggest organizations in the world that span a variety of areas including public and private corporations, private equity firms, financial institutions, and real estate companies. As Chatham looks to further expand their debt advisory capabilities, this is a unique opportunity for someone looking to leverage their entrepreneurial spirit to build a business within an established firm with a strong reputation in the financial risk management space.
As a Director of Debt Capital Markets on the Corporate sector team, you will leverage your experience and proven track record to establish a framework for providing debt advisory services to public and private corporations. You will have a collaborative approach, and work closely with our Relationship Management team to meet with target clients in our existing base, while also building a target list to begin going after. In addition, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in providing input into the development of a debt technology platform that will be suited for both the complex and simple corporate client.
This is an individual contributor role, with the potential to expand into a management role as the business grows.
In this role you will:
- Identify and define the unique value proposition for a non-bank advisory firm in the corporate market
- Build a debt advisory framework that is applicable for public and private corporations
- Collaborate with the corporate sector relationship management team to establish a go to market strategy for the offering
- Participate in a consultative selling process that embraces the client’s needs across the spectrum of debt and derivatives
- Advise CFO’s, Treasurers, and Boards on all aspects of debt financings to ensure appropriate capital structure and drive efficient execution
- Support client’s decision-making process by collaborating on investment alternatives. This includes financial modeling, call/make-whole assessments, ratings analysis and interest rate derivative structuring
- Lead transactions focused on both raising and restructuring debt for corporations
- Work with our transaction team to advise our existing derivatives capital markets clients on hedging strategies
Contributors to your success:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Desire to build a new service offering within a well-established firm. Ability to take ambiguous concepts and apply process, rigor, and an approach to go to market.
- Debt Capital Markets Experience: Experience advising corporations on DCM options, and successfully raising capital
- Collaboration: Ability to collaborate with both senior and junior members of the team. Must have a willingness to embrace a consultative selling process to achieve success.
- Client Focus: Ability to focus on the best approach for the client, even if the best approach may not represent the optimal company outcome.
- Emotional Intelligence: Individual must be self-aware, with an acute understanding of presentation style for different audiences.
- Humility: Ability to demonstrate success and achieve results, while maintaining professional consistency in all markets.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.