Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
The ServiceNow Application Developer is responsible for the full life cycle design, construction, and maintenance of custom developed applications and enterprise platforms that support of Cars.com internal customers and teams. The Developer will be assisting the team in the transitioning from .Net and on premise SharePoint 2013 solutions to cloud-based solutions, as well as supporting other platforms (e.g. JIRA, ServiceNow), so the ideal candidate should be eager and able to learn other platforms/languages.
- Team-oriented individual with strong communications skills (both oral and written).
- Understands, articulates, and conforms to core OOP and MVC principles.
- Understands, utilizes, and leverages core architecture
- Knowledge of JSON/CSS, Angular.js, CSS, JQuery, and Ajax
- Understanding of Web Services concepts; RESTful API experience preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to quickly assess problems and determine proper steps to resolution.
- Comfortable offering input across requirements phases and distilling the solution into fine-grained deliverables
- Collaborate with fellow team members, peers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and functional needs
- Ability to comprehend 'big picture' when presented with abstract requirements; ability to work as part of a self-organizing team
- College Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems (related/commensurate experience acceptable)
- 3-5+ years of experience with the following are desirable:
- Web services (WSDL, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Working within/constructing service oriented architectures (SOA)
- Writing custom add-ons for 3rd party software platforms desirable
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform is a big plus
- Web-based development experience in enterprise-scale .NET design and implementation a plus