Be essential at Cars Commerce
At Cars Commerce, we’re fanatical about simplifying everything about car buying and selling. We do right by our customers and consumers to better connect the industry with simplified and tierless technology to enhance, measure and drive local automotive retail. Whether through our No.1 most recognized marketplace, Cars.com, our industry-leading digital experience, Dealer Inspire, our trade and appraisal technology, AccuTrade, or our new Cars Commerce Media Network, Cars Commerce is essential for success in the automotive industry.
No one ever travels alone here: at its core, Cars Commerce is collaboration. In fact, it’s built into the very fabric of our shared values. We like to say we Rise Together – putting people at the center of what we do, from consumer to customer to community. Life at Cars Commerce makes it easy when we share the ethos to be Open to All, encouraging open-minded communication because we know diverse thinking yields better outcomes. But critical to our success is Caring to Challenge and Taking Ownership, fueling a competitive spirit in a respectful environment where we think about tomorrow but act today. At our foundation, we have integrity, Doing the Right Thing, even when it’s hard. It’s our shared commitment to these values that makes Cars Commerce a place where growth becomes not only possible, but downright unavoidable.
But don’t take our word for it. As a U.S. News & World Report Best Company to Work For in 2024, we're obsessive about the employee experience. We are among the top 20% being declared “Best” of our industry based on six critical factors that are important to employee wellbeing, like quality of pay, benefits, work life balance and more.
Hiring in Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA, or New Jersey.
Our Field Account Success Manager works in-person with automotive retailers in each of our geographic market regions as the local authority for the Growth & Retention Team. These leaders are responsible for ensuring the success, retention, and growth of clients by combining deep digital marketing experience, analytical acuity, and communication skills to deliver and defend data with our dealer clients. As a Field Account Success Manager, you will work in-market with retailers alongside local Account Executives in your region. You will prepare and lead technical customer conversations centered on automotive digital marketplace and marketing solutions. You will champion value demonstration, leading with data and insight to drive retention, expansion, and greater value realized by customers, with emphasis on marketplace and media solutions customers of Cars Commerce. This role reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Customer Growth & Retention.
- Travel to and engage with at-risk clients in-person at dealerships in your region. Prepare to lead meetings, persuade with data, overcome resistance, and help clients achieve their objectives.
- Work in partnership with Account Executives, Performance Managers, and Business Development Executives to craft and deliver compelling presentations that demonstrate authority and expertise in digital marketing, and that convince clients to act on data. Convey technical information in a clear and understandable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Become the expert and authority on the health of all accounts across your region. Analyze and segment accounts in your region, and design quarterly plans in partnership with local colleagues to engage customers, especially those most at-risk. Innovate and develop new ways to monitor the health of each customer in your region, proactively monitoring for risk or disengagement.
- Equip colleagues in your region to use your work, multiplying and amplifying the impact of your methods, furthering customer retention in your region. Educate the team members with the correct technological know-how and draft out technical documentation if the need arises
- Assist customers with dealer systems configurations that help them to better see and understand the value of your solutions. Help clients unlock the full potential of Cars Commerce products to realize their business outcomes. Act as a bridge between customer feedback and our product development teams, providing valuable insights to enhance our offerings.
- Work closely with the entire Customer Growth & Retention Team to help organize and develop programs to support the strategic direction of Cars Commerce growth & retention effort. Consistently demonstrate expertise of growth & retention techniques and company product/service offerings. Perform other related duties as needed, such as participating in various projects, pilot groups, or department initiatives.
- 3-5 years of experience preparing and leading presentations with dealer customers
- Deep proficiency and skills with automotive industry digital marketing measurement systems including Google Analytics, Clarivoy, Vista Dash, etc.
- Deep understanding of the competitive landscape for Cars Commerce offerings
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Excellent planning and solutions selling experience
- Motivated and comfortable working remotely in a home office as well as from the road/field
- Ability to conduct in-depth presentations (internally and externally) that highlight key benefits, return on investment, and the value of our solution and services
- Proven ability to identify and close sales opportunities
- Demonstrated consistent quota attainment with a continuous desire to win
- Experience in automotive, digital marketplace, or ad agency space is ideal
- Strong business acumen
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while solving problems quickly and creatively
- Self-motivated with an ability to work both independently and as a productive member of a team
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Ability to interact with internal employees and dealer customers via phone, email, zoom, and in-person
- Proficient in G-Suite, Salesforce, Slack, and Excel
- Ability to travel (driving/flights) at least 50% of the time within your assigned territory
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare Plans
- 401(k) with Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- New Hire Stipend for Home Office Set-Up
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO
- Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, Recharge Day
- Learn more about our Benefits, Perks, & Culture on our LinkedIn Life Pages!