Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Working within a dynamic and fast paced team environment, the full stack developer is responsible for the design, construction, and maintenance of mission-critical, highly visible applications in direct support of Cars.com business objectives. The ideal candidate must be able to provide development expertise within his/her portfolio of products and be the point of contact for specific applications. Furthermore, this person is responsible for working with architecture and team leads to develop the technical design by fully understanding the technical details, integration, and functions of multiple applications across their development team.
- Participate in design sessions with IT, Architecture and Development Leads
- Works with a team of peers to design and implement products in support of strategic business and IT initiatives
- Participates in peer review sessions throughout design and development phases for multiple projects at any given time
- Documents design, deliverables, source, and release notes in the interest of supporting future development and operations staff
- Assists Quality Assurance engineers in issue identification, isolation, and remediation issues during formal QA cycles
- Continuously improves, refines, and refactors software
- Team-oriented individual with strong communications skills (both oral and written)
- Participates in requirement reviews, actively working to uncover and resolve ambiguous and invalid requirements
- Identifies and implements improvements to internal team processes or to supported business's processes, products, or services.
- Extensive Java development experience (Spring / Spring MVC / Spring Boot)
- Proficient understanding of HTML, JSON/CSS, JQuery, Ajax
- Understanding of Web Services concepts; RESTful API experience preferred
- Behavioral testing experience with JUnit, Protractor, Jasmine/Karma
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT, SVN)
- Prior working experience with Pair Programming techniques
- Test Driven Development (TDD) principles
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery practices
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Experience with Responsive Design patterns
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
- iOS/Android development experience is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment preferred