Launched in 1998, Cars.com is a leading online destination that offers information from experts and consumers to help car shoppers buy, sell, and service their vehicles. With more than 30 million monthly visits to its web properties, Cars.com offers millions of new and used vehicles, reviews, unbiased editorial content, and a wide range of shopping tools. Despite being a nearly 20-year old company, Cars.com has maintained its startup culture as a fun, fast-paced environment with highly engaged employees who are committed to constant innovation. Our workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth, as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
The Customer Care Specialist provides excellent customer service to all internal and external customers who contact Cars.com via phone, email, chat and text, with a focus on first contact resolution. This position requires that all interactions with customers are resolved in a prompt, professional and personable manner.
- Achievement of personal and team service level goals
- Work directly with 3rd party companies, dealerships and sales teams to troubleshoot a variety of technical issues
- Tracking and documentation of all customer inquiries and resolutions in SalesForce.com, including categorization of consumer feedback on site/app feedback
- Identification and escalation of necessary customer inquiries and issues to Senior Support, Product, and Technical Support teams
- Development of an expertise in Cars.com services and products and the initiative to take an active role in sharing this knowledge with customers
- Dedication to timely and quality fulfillment of new products
- Assist consumers with Sell It Yourself tools
- Perform other related duties, as appropriate to further the success of the Operations Department
- Customer-focused with a positive attitude and the ability to work with non-technical customers and a diverse customer base.
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Flexible, strong work ethic and enjoys being part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Able to solve problems quickly and creatively
- Knowledge of the MS Office and Windows required and greater technical aptitude preferred
- Familiarity with online media and tools preferred
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Demonstrates accountability for issue resolution and customer empathy
- Uses sound judgement
- Ability to work independently and deliver high quality work
- May require weekend and/or evening work shifts