At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ & Accu-Trade. Learn more here!
Data is the driver for our future at Cars. We’re searching for a collaborative, analytical, and innovative engineer to build scalable and highly performant platforms, systems and tools to enable innovations with data. If you are passionate about building large scale systems and data driven products, we want to hear from you.
- Build data pipelines and deriving insights out of the data using advanced analytic techniques, streaming and machine learning at scale
- Work within a dynamic, forward thinking team environment where you will design, develop, and maintain mission-critical, highly visible Big Data and Machine Learning applications
- Build, deploy and support data pipelines and ML models into production.
- Work in close partnership with other Engineering teams, including Data Science, & cross-functional teams, such as Product Management & Product Design
- Opportunity to mentor others on the team and share your knowledge across the Cars.com organization
- Ability to develop Spark jobs to cleanse/enrich/process large amounts of data.
- Experience with tuning Spark jobs for efficient performance including execution time of a job, execution memory, etc.
- Experience with dimensional data modeling concepts.
- Sound understanding of various file formats and compression techniques.
- Experience with source code management systems such as Github and developing CI/CD pipelines with tools such as Jenkins for data.
- Ability to understand deeply the entire architecture for a major part of the business and be able to articulate the scaling and reliability limits of that area; design, develop and debug at an enterprise level and design and estimate at a cross-project level.
- Ability to mentor developers and lead projects of medium to high complexity.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Software Engineering: 3 - 5 years of designing & developing complex, batch processes at enterprise scale; specifically utilizing Python and/or Scala.
- Big Data Ecosystem: 2+ years of hands-on, professional experience with tools and platforms like PySpark, Airflow, and Redshift.
- AWS Cloud: 2+ years of professional experience in developing Big Data applications in the cloud, specifically AWS.
- Experience working with Clickstream Data
- Experience working with digital marketing data
- Experience with developing REST APIs.
- Experience in deploying ML models into production and integrating them into production applications for use.
- Experience with machine learning / deep learning using R, Python, Jupyter, Zeppelin, TensorFlow, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.