At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Account Executive is responsible for developing and consulting clients within his/her market. This is a career position for a person who wants to contribute to the long-term success of a high growth and progressive company. Our business-to-business sales representatives are responsible for selling a value-based online advertising solution for automotive clients. This position will focus on growth of existing accounts, speak with decision makers, analyze their needs, and effectively deliver value-added solutions.
- Retain and grow sales through upselling current customers, and relationship development.
- Meeting with key decision makers and negotiate rates in defined territory.
- Ensure customers have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Maintain a high level of customer service through training and customer support.
- Develop relationships with dealers. Leverage these relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Proactively market the company to customers and convey the advantages of our services.
- If requested, manage and monitor all contracts, as well as accounts receivables.
- Collaborate with team members, managers and cross-functional departments when necessary.
- Meet revenue and account retention goals.
- Must live in market area while working out of home office and have a valid driver’s license.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Upbeat and positive demeanor
- Flexible and able to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: able to adjust style and messaging based on audience
- Excellent listening skills: able to speak with customers to understand their needs
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understand the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness
- Deliver high quality work results on time
- Embrace change with creative and innovative solutions
- Adapt quickly to shifting priorities and assists others in doing so
- Commit to continuous self-development
- PC literacy is necessary including MS Office, Excel and Outlook
- Effectively use CRM software (preferably SalesForce.com) to maintain and plan sales pipeline
- College degree preferred
- 3+ years of solid business-to-business sales experience
- Media sales experience preferred but not required
- Familiar with the market and the community’s dealer base, focusing on franchise dealers, preferred but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.