Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
About the Role:
This role reports to the Analytics Director and is responsible for managing a team of Analysts that design and build performance reports, develop and implement conversion rate optimization strategies, implement tagging and tracking using multiple tag managers and analytics tools, provide technical input and conduct technical reviews, and fulfill support tickets and requests. Additional duties and responsibilities follow.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Train and mentor
- Provide training on processes, tasks and tools
- Mentor analysts on their responsibilities, providing feedback, advice, guidance
- Identify where documentation is lacking and write documentation to fill the gaps
- Design and build A/B Tests
- Provide process updates to create efficiencies
- Identify areas where the analytics team can provide added value and support to other departments and processes.
- Learn and inform
- Stay on top of industry best practices
- Bring the team new ideas and processes to continually improve data collection and analyses
- Identify issues and bring solutions to solve them
- Using data from multiple sources, including but not limited to event tracking, heatmaps, A/B tests, conversions - make recommendations for strategies.
- Custom reports from other tools
- Provide data and reporting to drive strategy
- Answer questions, present data/trends, dig into issues on the spot and provide feedback
- Participate in client calls and meetings, answer questions /from the Executive team, etc.
- Able to independently communicate (both written and verbal) with all stakeholders, both internal and external
- Day to Day Team Management
- Understand current workload and assign out tasks to team members
- Guide team members though work/tasks
- Perform reviews
- Ability to have the hard conversations with team members on their performance or other issues
- Assist in hiring new team members
- Responsible for ensuring work performed meets the standards required
- Improve processes and develop efficiencies within the department/company
- Lead by example
- Fills in where needed when the team is short-handed/overloaded
- Assist Analytics director
- Keeps the department running when the Analytics Director in unavailable
- Make informed decisions to the betterment of the department/company
- Communicate and complete tasks/projects and additional items as needed for the Executive team
- Technical competencies
- Understand the logic and code a technical analyst is implementing
- Able to discuss the logic code may need or what the code is accomplishing
- Able to debug a report provided from the technical team which is throwing errors
- Understand all automation used within the department
- Work with Product, Marketing. Design and other cross-functional teams in agile and/or lean environments in order to create top notch Analytics Measurement Solutions
- Expertise in deploying various first party and third party tags through tag management systems such as Adobe Launch, Google Tag Manager
- Take ownership of CRO initiatives and website optimization testing tools such as Optimizely, Adobe Target, or other solutions as required by the client.
- Experience analyzing large online and offline datasets, tagging, developing measurement methodologies and/or designing solutions and writing technical documentation for a medium to large scale commercial website.
Required Technical Skills:
- Google Analytics Certification
- Deep understanding of Google Tag Manager. Adobe Launch preferred as well.
- Bachelor's degree or demonstrated work experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.