At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Cars.com is seeking a FP&A Analyst to join the team responsible for forecasting our financial results, budgeting, analyzing business decisions, and being a key business partner to all areas of the business.
- Producing monthly and quarterly financial variance reporting of actuals to forecast, budget and prior year
- Collaborating with business partners to identify business drivers of revenue and expenses to develop rolling 15-month outlooks, forecasts, annual budgets.
- Turning variance analysis into business insights to better inform senior management to make critical business decisions and improve forecasting and budgeting accuracy
- Providing insights and counsel to key business partners to ensure that performance targets are achieved in the most efficient means possible
- Leveraging current performance reporting to conduct sensitivity analysis, trend analysis, business case modeling, marketing efficiency and efficacy
- Capital planning and reporting
- Upholding consistent standards for all aspects of Financial Planning and Reporting
- Effectively working across the Finance organizations to ensure no duplication of effort and no gaps in responsibility
Required Skills & Competencies
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail and strong focus on accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow set standards in order to maintain consistency of deliverables
- Desire to continuously improve, learn, including beyond just his/her area of responsibility. Continuously seeking ways to do things better, faster, with less manual intervention
- Ability to self-teach and work independently
- Ability to utilize constructive feedback to improve personal and professional growth
- Passionate, energetic, approachable with a positive, low-ego, can-do demeanor
- Highly adaptable team player; ability to pivot quickly depending on the needs of the business
- Self-motivated with strong ability to motivate others
- Clear, concise communicator that can adapt message as appropriate for the intended audience
- Strong desire to progress through career with increasing levels of responsibility
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite; highly advanced Excel and modeling skills are critical
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in accounting or finance, including relevant experience within financial planning and reporting
- MBA or CPA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status