**Location: Remote-US, or Chicago, IL
Cars.com is seeking an entrepreneurial and collaborative Director, Lifecycle and Retention Marketing to join us as we grow and thrive in a dynamic and exciting industry.
As a key member of the CARS Growth Marketing team you will manage a high-performing team to build and optimize personalized consumer engagement and retention strategies and campaigns across email, mobile push, SMS, and other channels. You’ll work collaboratively with our Brand, Analytics, Data Science, and Product teams to develop a detailed understanding of the car buying journey and car shopper’s mindset, leveraging this knowledge to build a highly engaged customer base and deliver strong business results.
Strong experience in B2C email engagement and customer retention marketing will be critical to your success. A curious and entrepreneurial mindset that thrives on driving continuous improvement and delivering positive results will also be key to your success in this role.
- Serve as the key business owner for email and customer engagement marketing activities across the Cars marketplace. Drive traffic and lead growth via email, mobile push, and SMS marketing programs and campaigns.
- Lead and mentor a motivated team of direct reports; manage key vendor partners and associated budget
- Collaborate with the Data Science team to identify and refine audience segments while deepening understanding of content and strategies that drive engagement and conversion throughout the car buying journey and customer lifecycle.
- Partner with Brand, Product, and Analytics to execute current marketing programs as well as identify future growth strategies.
- Proactively communicate email results to management on a weekly basis; leverage data to drive detailed analyses of audience, campaign, and program KPIs and identify optimization and testing opportunities.
- Grow industry expertise and thought leadership in email and customer engagement marketing tactics, techniques, and strategies. Stay current on technical and competitive trends and changes in the industry to leverage new opportunities and best practices in driving growth for CARS, sharing knowledge and insights across the organization.
- Deep understanding of the email and engagement marketing industry, including expert knowledge of key market players, technologies, and vendors.
- Deep understanding of email and engagement marketing campaigns and optimization techniques, tactics, and best practices.
- Excellent analytical skills and a data-driven mindset.
- Deep understanding of how to leverage email and engagement marketing to meet business goals with commensurate ability to communicate results of programs/initiatives.
- Deep knowledge of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM laws.
- Strong experience with web analytical tools and interfaces (e.g., Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics) preferred.
- Ability to manage initiatives proactively with minimal supervision; strong problem solving, communication (verbal/written) and time-management skills.
- A mindset focused on attention to detail and quality of results.
- BS/BA required; concentration in business, marketing, computer science, or mathematics preferred.
- 7-10 years’ email and engagement marketing experience, including at least 3-5 years managing direct reports.