At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Cars.com is seeking a passionate, data savvy Senior Analyst to join the Analytics team and fuel our mission of growth through data-driven insights and opportunity discovery. In this dynamic role you will dive into our web and app clickstream data to uncover opportunities for consumer experience optimization and customer value delivery. You will also enable stakeholders with actionable, intuitive measurement & performance reporting that provides the business with the insights to grow. The ideal candidate will have a robust mix of technical and communication skills, with a passion for optimization, data storytelling, and data visualization. You will collaborate with a centralized team of analysts as well as teams across the organization including Product, Marketing, Data, and senior leadership. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key influencer to the company’s strategic decisions and to learn and grow with our Analytics team.
- Synthesize data from our digital analytics tools and data lake into actionable insights about shopper behavior, marketing performance, and customer value delivery. Clearly communicate these recommendations to internal stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Actively participate in cross-functional initiatives, collaborating with team members to achieve and measure project success. Provide opportunity analysis, measurement plans, dashboards, and post-release/testing analyses.
- Create compelling, intuitive dashboards to enable the business with critical metrics, with a focus on data automation, anomaly detection, and actionable data visualizations.
- Extract and analyze data through Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau, AWS Redshift, Python, and/or R.
Experience & Education:
- 3+ years professional experience as a data analyst (required)
- Digital analytics and reporting experience (required)
- Experience with statistical analysis and modelling a plus
Required Technical Skills:
Advanced skills and knowledge of the following:
- Digital analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics. Experience working with raw clickstream data a plus (Adobe or Google BigQuery).
- Data visualization tools such as Tableau (preferred), Power BI, Looker, Domo, or R-Shiny
Preferred Technical Skills:
- R or Python
- A/B testing tools (Optimizely, Adobe Target, etc.) and effective test design (establishing sample sizes, statistical significance measurement, etc.)
- A curious mind with a thirst for discovery, answers, optimization, and continuous improvement
- Can easily organize and analyze large, varied sets of data and distill into actionable insights
- Superior work ethic and eagerness to learn, time/project management, and flexibility to thrive in our dynamic environment
- Active listener with the ability to ask the right questions to understand the business problem and identify the analysis approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate findings across multiple levels within the organization
- Comfortable presenter and excellent data storyteller
- Creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to extract insights and opportunities from our data
- A team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for our team’s mission
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status