At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
CARS is currently seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst to join our Human Resources team. This role will focus primarily on the design and execution of broad-based compensation programs and policies but responsibilities may extend to participation in sales compensation and executive compensation activities as well.
As a Senior Compensation Analyst, you will:
- Build constructive working relationships with clients and stakeholders that include Executives and Leaders from Business Units, HR, Operations, Finance and Legal.
- Provide counsel to HR and Business leadership on compensation issues related to company pay structures, pay change recommendations, market pricing, new hire offers, wage and hour regulations, policy/procedure interpretation, incentive programs, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategy, structure and staff (roles & responsibilities) as well as compensation environment within assigned Business Unit(s)
- Make recommendations, build support and execute on compensation strategies that positively impact Business Unit objectives and strategic outcomes
- Represent the compensation function as a primary member of core project team(s) with HR peers including all phases of the planning, administration, and execution of CARS semi-annual merit and promotion cycle(s)
- Demonstrate expertise at job evaluations/assessment and market analysis/benchmarking; accurately assess and draw meaningful conclusions from data and make sound recommendations on pay practices that align with the business/CARS compensation philosophy
- Consult with TA team members (and others within HR) on development of Job Offers; provide guidance on base/bonus/equity mix, as well as market pricing and internal equity to ensure CARS recruiters can attract top-tier talent
- Conduct job assessments; complete job leveling / grading exercises to ensure align with compensation/HR practices and frameworks as well as FLSA & EEO reviews to ensure adherence to compliance and regulatory requirements
- Manage the relationship with CARS market survey vendors; update and submit job data including assignment of benchmark jobs and bring demonstrated expertise at system utilization.
- Bring an outstanding quantitative skillset; demonstrate agility with advanced features and functions of MS Excel and/or Google Sheets; be comfortable manipulating large data sets; produce powerful results that can be easily presented to customers.
- Provide analysis and reporting related to Finance related activities such as annual bonus accruals, merit and promotion budgets, structural adjustments to an Unit pay , and incentive plan data gathering and reporting; prepare cost models of compensation initiatives for individually assigned activities or as part of larger Compensation/HR initiatives
This position has a flexible work arrangement, which means you have the flexibility to work from home, but should reside within a commutable distance to our Chicago office for on-site/in-office collaborations when necessary in the future.
Desired skills and experience for this job:
- Bachelor’s degree, CCP / CEBS and/or other HR certification a plus
- 7 + years of experience in compensation role(s);
- Experience / familiarity in internet and technology industry; includes familiarity with tech jobs, terminology, structure(s) and pay practices a plus
- Strong project-management skills with an ability to manage simultaneous projects
- Experience with broad-based compensation principals, practices and processes
- Experience with the sales incentive concepts, plan design and administration a plus
- Experience with executive compensation, pay, bonus and equity administration a plus.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Skilled communicator; exceptionally clear and concise both orally and in writing
- Highly proficient at Excel or Google Sheets, pivot tables, graphs and charting
- Adept at creating, editing and conducting presentations in PowerPoint or Google Pages
- Ability to handle sensitive information and exercise sound judgement
- ADP experience a plus