About This Role
CARS Software Engineering is looking for top talent to join our team for an exciting new phase of our business and technical evolution. In 2021, we are launching a new platform that will transform Cars.com, a 20-year-old public company, and will ultimately enable our continued innovation and fuel our mission.
For this role, we are looking for a senior software engineer who is passionate about developing Platform applications using Elixir. Examples of Platform work include high volume data processing with Oban, Broadway, or Flow, working with OTP, and building GraphQL resolvers. The ideal candidate has developed and shipped Elixir applications using the Phoenix Framework and has intermediate knowledge of the Elixir language. In addition to Elixir experience, this individual has been a part of Agile development processes, enjoys solving problems with software, and cares deeply about developing team culture.
- Collaborate with, mentor, and coach engineers to design, build, maintain, and operate areas of the platform related to ingesting, storing, and distributing data through ETL, APIs, and integrations.
- Design quality, scalable, efficient software using Elixir, Oban, Broadway, Phoenix, and AWS.
- Lead in Engineering team culture through Pull Request contributions and reviews, project and team retrospectives, and on-call rotation.
- Lead and participate in an on-call rotation to support our Business.
- Develop, maintain, and document Elixir best practices.
- Contribute to clear documentation and testing tools in support of our platform.
Required Skills & Experience
- Significant software engineering experience (10+ years).
- Built and shipped multiple products, applications, or systems to production.
- Some Production Elixir experience; you've built and deployed Elixir to production.
- Familiarity with how the BEAM and OTP work, and Elixir libraries Oban, Broadway, Absinthe.
- Able to observe, instrument, optimize, and operate what you build (we use Datadog and Splunk).
- Familiarity with various AWS technologies (CLI, Aurora, S3, IAM, EC2, EKS, ECR, KMS, CloudWatch, Lambda, Route53, SQS, SNS, ElasticSearch).
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code orchestration tools (we use Terraform and Terragrunt).
- Understanding of CI/CD and deployment toolchains (we use CircleCI, Docker + Buildkit, Amazon ECR, Helm v3).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.