About This Role
CARS Software Engineering is looking for top talent to join our team for an exciting new phase of our business and technical evolution. In 2021, we are launching a new platform that will transform Cars.com, a 20-year-old public company, and will ultimately enable our continued innovation and fuel our mission.
- Working with Product and Design to develop web application features, including End-to-End tests
- Participate in Engineering team culture through Pull Request reviews, project and team retrospectives
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of our internal web component library
- Contribute technology and tooling in support of modular assets usable by all Engineers
- Contribute to clear documentation and testing tools in support of the web component library
Required Skills & Experience
- React / Redux / Webpack
- CSS Abstraction experience (e.g. SCSS/Less/Stylus)
- SEO-driven frontend
- Familiarity with web page performance considerations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Elixir / Ruby
- NodeJS / npm
- Built Webpack plugins and/or loaders
- Design and UX skills/experience
- Worked in major full-stack frameworks (Ruby on Rails / Elixir’s Phoenix Framework)
- Working with GraphQL / Apollo.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.