Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Cars.com is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst, Performance Reporting & Analysis to perform profitability reporting and project finance work at Cars.com. Typical work includes: providing marginal and fully allocated profitability and cash generation analysis by customer, business, product, and employee; developing financial models for new products and other business opportunities, performing cost-benefit analysis, measuring and tracking financial and non-financial performance factors to influence decision-making. The Senior Analyst and his/her Manager will work collaboratively across the organization to gather the information needed and disseminate it. The audience for most deliverables will be Director-level to C-suite executives. This position will report to the Director, Mgmt. Reporting & Performance Analysis.
- Producing monthly and quarterly profitability reporting and analysis by customer, business, product, customer-facing employee, and other segments as relevant
- Turning performance analysis into business intelligence to inform senior management and improve budgeting and forecasting accuracy
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams across the organization to collect information and disseminate it as necessary
- Upholding consistent standards across all deliverables for ease of use, transferability, and sustainability
- Identifying and evaluating resources and tools to improve efficiency of data collection and accuracy
- Collaborating with Financial Planning & Analysis to share business intelligence which will improve accuracy in forecasting and budgeting process
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail and strong focus on accuracy
- Highly analytical and naturally curious
- Planful and well-organized; ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow set standards in order to maintain consistency of deliverables
- Desire to continuously learn and improve, even beyond his/her direct areas of responsibility; continuously seeking ways to do things better, faster and with less manual intervention
- Ability to self-teach and work independently, even on less-defined projects
- Highly adaptable team player, ability to pivot quickly depending on the needs of the business
- Passionate, energetic, approachable with a positive, low-ego, can-do demeanor
- Highly advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Clear and concise communicator that can adapt message as appropriate for the intended audience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or related field
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 3+ years of experience in FP&A, Analytics or Consulting
- Experience in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.