300 S. Riverside Plaza | Suite 1000 | Chicago, IL 60606
At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
FUEL:IMV is looking for an Operations Associate who is a jack of traits ready to support the fast growing Fuel IMV team. We are seeking an individual who is extremely organized, detail-oriented, flexible, creative, committed, and passionate about his/her work. You need to be a team player with a positive attitude, professional disposition, and superb communication skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities under pressure while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
This role will report directly to the Product and Operations Lead Manager for FUEL IMV and will also closely with the Fuel team as well as cross departmentally and organizational within Cars.com Inc.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare agendas, coordinate meetings, take and type notes in support of the Product and Operations Lead Manager.
- Assist the P&O Lead Manager in onboarding and training new Fuel team members.
- Perform administrative duties and functions requiring confidentiality, initiative, and sound decision-making.
- Develop and design effective documents and presentations for critical audiences.
- Manage a variety of special projects, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Product and Operations Lead Manager ability to effectively lead.
- Provide assistance in CRM development and management.
- Support additional requests and tasks as needed.
- 2-3 years relevant experience in an executive support or operations role
- CRM experience, preferably Salesforce
- Understanding of Google Suite and Google applications
- Strong and collaborative team player. Willing to chip in and help in other areas.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability to minimize potential problems. Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Takes initiative to learn new systems and stays current in area of expertise
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Communicates openly and directly. Adjusts communication to level of audience. Responds professionally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly. Prioritizes tasks and meets deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Experience and skill creating and organizing presentations and reporting for executive audience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.