Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell, and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
About the opportunity:
As the Organizational Development & Diversity and Inclusion Specialist for CARS, INC, you will be working alongside a team of like-minded professionals being accountable for developing people processes to maximize the employee and leadership experience with a special focus on Diversity and Inclusion. You will have ownership in designing, delivering, and continuously improving specific talent initiatives while ensuring they fit our CARS people development strategy. You will be the lead in driving diversity and inclusion efforts across our organization and spend time partnering across all of our business units to drive hiring metrics, employee resource groups (ERGs), diversity goals, and leading the CARS diversity council.
The ideal candidate will have experience with onboarding, career development, employee engagement, leadership development, performance management, diversity & inclusion, and people development.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create and lead Employee Resource Groups at CARS
- Lead Diversity and Inclusion council
- Build and maintain dashboards and metrics associated with D&I (within HRIS preferred)
- Partner across all business units to increase visibility and participation within all D&I programs
- Partner externally with other organizations and the community to help drive further reach of our D&I initiatives
- Research, recommend and design employee training and development systems that span the life cycle of the employee (includes design, delivery, and measurement).
- Create seamless people development programs such as onboarding, career development, training and leadership development that connect with our business goals
- Design, participate or lead sessions for talent initiatives that improve performance of employees and the organization
- Collaborate in creating and refining our talent and D&I strategy
- Assist in the strategy for finding diverse talent and develop best in class onboarding processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Peer leadership
- Team oriented
- Collaborative/Cross-Functional approach to solutions development
- Able to coordinate and balance needs of multiple stakeholders including, but not limited to, ERGs, Leadership teams, HR team, Business Units, HRBPs
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Time Management
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field required;
- 4+ Years of relevant experience required
- Experience building/maintaining D&I initiatives at larger companies; Strong community involvement
- Consulting experience a plus
- Certification in Human Resource Management a plus
- Data analytics; including experience working with a BI Tool (Tableau preferred)
- Knowledge of performance management systems, and HRIS software